OS X Strange Sound Issue
Hello there,

I'm having a replicatable, yet somewhat unpredictable issue with my sound. I can't seem to find the source of the problem, and can't seem to find anything in the forums, so here we go...

The sound to my entire computer is not working. HOWEVER, it does work through Kodi, through CERTAIN add ons. I've recently installed Kodi and am loving it, but some setting somewhere has messed up or overridden the sound output to my Mac Mini.

Here's my current setup: Kodi (v14.1) >> Mac Mini >> Pioneer 1328K A/V Receiver (via HDMI) >> Sharp Aquos Quattron (via HDMI)

So when I try to run any apps that should produce sound on my Mini, I get nothing... unless I run specific add ons, then the sound will work.

Example (in sequence)
  • Start a movie (that I know works fine) with sound enabled and turned up (no sound will emit)
  • Start Kodi
  • Start USTVNOW add on (one that I know that has working sound) (still no sound)
  • Start one of the streams (this is where the sound for both the stream AND the movie file will start to emit)
  • If I pause the stream, the sound still works on the movie file
  • If I stop the stream, the sound STOPS for the movie file

I'm guessing it has to be some setting on the add on (that I obviously can't find), but this isn't the only add on that it works for. I've come across about 3 so far.

Anyhow, this is driving me nuts (moreso because I can't figure it out than anything else).

Here is a log file. I made sure to replicate the issue while it was running. http://xbmclogs.com/pndrjwfam
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Just edited the post to include the log.
Nothing to see in the log (just that you successfully opened the hdmi audio device in stereo configuration).

What are your settings in settings->system->audio?

Also it seems your amp has some sort of airplay audio support. You could try to turn it off (to ensure that it doesn't conflict with audio devices on the mac).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange Sound Issue0