v14 Manage movies folder with files shortcuts
Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way for Kodi to manage a folder source with files shortcuts in it. At the moment, I only see the files in the folder, and not the shortcuts.

Thank you.
Nope, KODI is to be a network player and therefore needs defined paths to resources, its not a network browser.

Give up some more information on what you have, what you're doing and the desired outcome, and I'm sure you will get an answer to another way to do it.
Network browser?

I'm not sure to understand your answer. Maybe I wasn't enough clear in my question.

In a folder, I have files in .mkv, and Windows shortcuts of mkv files from others folders. When I add this folder as a movies source in Kodi, it only recognize the movies files and not the shortcuts. So my question is, if there is a way to Kodi to see and manage movies files shortcuts the same way it manage movies files?

Thank you.
Same answer, replace the word network with the word "file"
KODI has no way to parse .lnk target information that would be OS specific without a defined path

Why not add the direct folder of those .mkv also as a source?
Ok thank you. I was pretty sure Kodi cannot do it, but I wanted to be 100% sure.

The thing is, I have put all my new files (movies) in one folder. When I have the time, I rename, check if everything alright and place them in the right folder. If I didn't see the movie, I created a shortcut into the first folder to see it another time. So, basically, the folder is a "to see" folder with to be classed files and links.

Thank you for your time!
For renaming those movies in an automated process I suggest you look into filebot.
It's brilliant at cleaning up media filenames and organizing it in predefined path templates.
Also, to keep track of watched / unwatched, you could use Kodi's internal feature which does exactly that (stores watched information in the database).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manage movies folder with files shortcuts0