Does Subsrting-before work in Kodi?
Hi.

within xml / xlst the comment substring-before exist and I was wondering if it works in Kodi, from testing it doesn't look like it but I may not be doing it correctly so wanted to make sure?

Basically what I'd like to do is substring a Listitem value from start to first instance of '/' or ',' and then use that value to obtain a .png.

What I am trying do to is to see if multiple studios could be handled like say the following way:

Check Listitem.Studio for presence of '/' or ',' as these seem the be the general separaters used when multiple studios exist.
If either found, then count the number of these so if 3 studios existed in Listitem.Studio with /' separaters then this would return 2.
If count > 0 then somehow rotate through the studios and display each studio.png, don't think multiimage would work as that is folder based isn't it?
I guess it would be something like a for loop and each iteration extracts the studio name and get the image?

Probably not possible but thought I should ask just in case there are so advanced skinning methods available that I have yet to learn?

Even if it's just possible to extract the first studio value with something like substring-before then at least that's a step in the right direction?

Thanks

Mike.

P.S. I know, probably just wishful thinking but you never know and I know I could clean up my db to resolve it!
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
not possible.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does Subsrting-before work in Kodi?0