Isengard excitement?
I'm so excited for v15

(2015-03-30, 05:11)natethomas Wrote: The fact that MySQL is used by a very small number of users, most of whom are extremely advanced, and syncing doesn't simply automatically happen throughout a household means that Kodi is dramatically behind in this category, and this category is considered so incredibly important to a lot of people that they pay well over $100 to plex for similar features or go through the absurd hassle of installing Plexbmc. There's a reason why we spend so much of our time stressing it in things like GSOC.

Sorry, I was referring to the MySQL case. Library sharing is, of course, important.
I have been testing Isengard for a while now. I wonder, is anyone getting the same experience as me? It has been hanging for long time whenever I try to access and browse to files from the file manager.
(2015-04-08, 17:25)silvanet Wrote: I have been testing Isengard for a while now. I wonder, is anyone getting the same experience as me? It has been hanging for long time whenever I try to access and browse to files from the file manager.
local files or on a network protocol like SMB?
local files
by the way, I've been digging to look at what's happening
i'm running it on my windows 7 pro 64 bit computer with 8 Gig RAM.
i ran system internal's process explorer and it reports the version as 14.9.702.0
the kodi installation said version 15.0
when kodi hangs I'm forced to kill the process, after first waiting for a very long time to let it respond, then suspending it for a long time with proc exp
even after killing it i can't get kodi to run at all while process explorer is running.
have to reboot computer and still having same problem of hanging on the use of the file manager.
could you start a separate thread for it and provide a Debug Log and if available also a crashlog?
OK, I'm going to do that, but let me update. I thought it was a 15.0 problem so I uninstalled it and re-installed Helix 14.2, but I'm having the same problem of it hanging forever in the file manager. Now I'm starting to think something happened in Windows. I've turned off firewall and AV and anything that might have been blocking, but the problem persists. Thanks. Good to know it's not Isengard.
(2015-03-29, 11:51)natethomas Wrote: The people we are thinking about when we say something is too hard are the people who don't want to visit the wiki at all. In an ideal world, our GUI would be clear enough that for all the most important functions, they should never need to visit the wiki under any circumstance. Visiting the wiki can and probably should be considered a breakdown of the Kodi GUI.

AMEN

Entertainment should be easy and as hassle free as possible. Kodi/XMBC has done a great job but for me I still had to learn more than I would have liked. I am no expert but I have skills related to loading my media in a hassle-free manner that might still make it inaccessible to others. I am forever grateful for the many utilities that have been created but to be honest I really did not want to learn how to use them.

I am glad I have no interest in a centralized DB because it would be just something else I would have to learn.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Isengard excitement?1