Help With CableCard setup
alright guys,

I finally got a cablecard again to plug into my computer. I'm rocking an infinitv4 with Verizon FIOS. I previously had this setup working just fine with Comcast but since I moved I changed services. I was able to activate my card just fine through the verizon fios website just fine but my card doesn't receive any validation signals. I want to call them but I forgot to write down my Host and Data IDs.

Does anyone know how I can access these IDs before I call FIOS so that I can have everything ready to trouble shoot my setup?
Install the Ceton program on your computer, it will tell you the data you are looking for. You can also get it from WMC.

If you aren't getting a validation signal, it could be because the signal is too weak due to splitting the cable line too much. I had the same issue.
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (FIOS), Plex (Kodi backend), Radarr, Sonarr
I have the ceton diagonostic program and it is not reporting the Data and Host IDs now that it gets an OOB lock. But since it hasn't received a validation signal it doesn't get live TV. I have a ticket put in with Ceton so we'll see what they say. I may not need it but would like to be prepared.
Just FYI: I live out in the country and my local cable provider is charter. Their technicians acted like they had never seen a cablecard before and could never get validation to work, just oob lock (this is on hdhr primes). I get all the stations I pay for, so I gave up hammering them on it - they were happy about that, since they really had no idea how to solve the problem.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Alright so for some reason the ceton diagnostic utility is now reporting the IDs I was looking for. Going to call Verizon today and have them validate the setup on their network. Hopefully I'll have Live TV again very soon.

@krustyreturns, unfortunately an OOB lock does nothing for me. I can't view a single channel even in WMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help With CableCard setup0