Android Kodi icon takes me back to home screen
Hello all,

Was hoping someone knew how to fix this issue, I recently purchased an android tv box (mx3) it came with kodi helix 14.1 loaded on it, it was working fine but now when I click the kodi icon it just takes me back to the home screen. When I first turn on the device and try the kodi loading screen appears before it kicks me and then any additional time I click the icon it is just a black screen before quickly taking me back to the home menu.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
I may be wrong but it sounds to me as though Kodi has somehow become corrupted or possibly the Android OS needs updating if you are able. (My box does not allow me to update the OS).

Why don't you just uninstall the Kodi you have and reinstall directly from the Kodi.tv download site. Who knows where the supplier sourced the file which was pre-loaded.

As you cannot open Kodi you will not be able to save your settings but I believe there exists a file with all this information on inside the Android File Manager but I do not know how to download and reload that file. Sorry.

Hope you get it sorted.
You may have had the same issue as me Subny, if you haven't already uninstalled Kodi i bet if you go to system settings in android and go to apps, you will see that Kodi is over 4gb in size?? This is a crash i am seeing more and more on my boxes. Still have been unable to work out why it is doing it. I am waiting for manufacturer to get back to me with the answer (if there is one)

The only solution is to uninstall Kodi and reinstall, which does fix it, but have had boxes crash again and again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi icon takes me back to home screen0