Tvheadend issue after upgrade from xbmc to kodi
(2015-03-29, 23:45)s16cg Wrote: Yes that does seem to be correct. I did have the server tvheadend installed but I uninstalled it after the upgrade thinking it was the wrong version for kodi but then couldn't reinstall it. The addon seems to have installed ok but couldn't connect with the server as it wasn't installed.

Still confused as to why I couldn't reinstall the server unless that was because of the dependency problem. I wasn't really sure that it wasn't installed either. Got very confused at this point.

Anyway thanks for the follow up. Hopefully I will not have too many issues from now on.

Edit:

I know why I uninstalled it, it was because the old ppa was no longer present so I added the new ppa but then I had issues with dependencies and got lost along the way.

Nice to know where I went wrong and maybe it will help someone else :0)

No, I think you did havce it installed.
Have witnessed this kind of thing myself a couple of times, it seems to be dependant on at least SOME dodgy data in the tvheadend database being present during an upgrade - though functioning apparantly fine until that point.
Once you upgrade tvheadend will start then stop straightaway and appear with similar output to what you have posted here as if it's not been installed.
The only method for me was to do a purge on the tvheadend installation and start fresh.
Too complicated for my brain to find out what the actual problem exactly was but I do know it was bad data in the database as after importing my config back in to the new install the same behaviour was happening.
I'm not really sure what the cause was. For now I'm going to put it down to confusion during the migration. Having been plagued by Connection Lost alarms in the early days of imstalling xbmc when I found it necessary to edit the tvheadend startrup script in order to get tvheadend to run at boot, I thought I was back there again.

Seems to have come a long way since then and is very polished and I like the decision to rename.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tvheadend issue after upgrade from xbmc to kodi0