Enable Live TV-how?
Would it just be a lot quicker, easier and less hair tugging to use simple clientHuh
(2015-03-30, 02:20)Areka Wrote: Configuring TVheadend as backend (that's just perverse to have a backend called headend) appears to require a browser
and as far as I can tell, there is no browser in OpenElec. Why do they keep banging on about how easy this is?
You use the browser on another computer of course.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Not rude, it's a fair question. I got an RPi because I wanted a PVR and all the reviews have been going on about how
easy the RPi is to use.They are marketing them to children. I have already learned more than I wanted to about the
basics of a PVR. I wanted to use a PVR, not spend weeks learning the nuts and bolts of cobbling one together.
All the directions I find require backing up a few steps to even understand what the directions are saying. They
appear to be written by people who are a long way from beginning and have forgotten what it is like to begin.
When I read the TVheadend quick start guide and it starts with "Make sure Tvheadend is up and running" and provides
a link to instructions that assume that you have it up and running or that you use a browser to configure it when,
as far as I can tell, OpenElec does not have a way to get to a browser, I've run into a brick wall.

I have 2 USB stick tuners, a KWorld UB-435-Q and a noname DVB-T + DAB + FM that may not be suitable for the US.
You are posting to this forum using a browser I assume?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
This might help, its openelec specific http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Configuring_Tvheadend

As nickr points out, use any computer with a browser and point it at that IP.
robweber, that is an enlightening link. It is an entirely new concept to me that I can configure something on the RPi from a different
machine. I can't imagine why that would work. So, I tried following those instructions from the browser on this machine that I am
posting from. And they don't work. Whatever was supposed to happen didn't. I just get a message that this machine cannot connect.
"Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.X.XXX:9981."
Not that I have any confidence that I have actually been able to start the TVheadend backend. Is TVheadend HTSP client what I want? Because I when I try to follow the directions "Settings -> Add-ons -> Services -> tvheadend and enable it." That is not the structure. If I go to System > Settings > Add-ons > Services is not among the next level of choices. I get things like enabled add-ons and disabled add-ons Among enable add-ons are categories, nothing as specific as TVheadend. Among disabled add-ons only TVheadend HTSP client comes close to TVheadend and a client doesn't sound like a backend.
I think I'm not the only one with this problem. Things seem to have gone awry in TVheadend land in the last few days. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=222740

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enable Live TV-how?0