PVR Radio stuttering
Hi all & special thanks to Negge and UsefulG!

I've just migrated from Windows Media Center (Win7) to MediaPortal+Kodi+Win10, and also saw the same radio stutter, when using Kodi, but TV worked flawlessly.

MediaPortal did not show any issue, so I assumed it was something to do with the plugin.. but didn't know where to look.

This minaudiocachelevel=30 setting worked perfectly.

For those unfamiliar with XMLs, and who see the issue, it's a matter of creating the advancedsettings.xml, using Notepad, as per the Wiki article, in the correct folder, and it just needing the right text in there..as per:

<advancedsettings>
<pvr>
<minaudiocachelevel>30</minaudiocachelevel>
</pvr>
</advancedsettings>

PS..
The above format looks awful, but it'll work.. To make it nicer, "indent" the 2 x pvr lines once, and "indent" the minaudiocachelevel line twice, with space(s)
(2016-02-20, 07:38)cbtsmelb Wrote: Hi all & special thanks to Negge and UsefulG!

I've just migrated from Windows Media Center (Win7) to MediaPortal+Kodi+Win10, and also saw the same radio stutter, when using Kodi, but TV worked flawlessly.

MediaPortal did not show any issue, so I assumed it was something to do with the plugin.. but didn't know where to look.

This minaudiocachelevel=30 setting worked perfectly.

For those unfamiliar with XMLs, and who see the issue, it's a matter of creating the advancedsettings.xml, using Notepad, as per the Wiki article, in the correct folder, and it just needing the right text in there..as per:

<advancedsettings>
<pvr>
<minaudiocachelevel>30</minaudiocachelevel>
</pvr>
</advancedsettings>

PS..
The above format looks awful, but it'll work.. To make it nicer, "indent" the 2 x pvr lines once, and "indent" the minaudiocachelevel line twice, with space(s)
Thanks, this solved my issue with radio playback stuttering constantly on all of my devices.
Hi guys,

thanks, configuring a miniaudiocachelevel of 15 in the advancedsettings.xml worked for me. Only channels without epg data were affacted.

I use vdr 2.2.0, vnsi 1.3.1 and kodi 16.1.

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Radio stuttering0