Idle time cpu utilisation & guilib help
I've been running the imx6 version of kodi and I have been trying to understand why the kodi main thread seems to occupy ~10% of my cpu time.

I've managed to get a semi working version of perf to profile the system whilst idle (no user interactions at all, nothing running, just at the home screen). I have a long list of detailed results, but the summary is probably just as useful. For a 60 second recording, kodi was running for about 4.5 seconds (so slightly less than the 10%), an about 80% of this time was spent in CApplication::FrameMove.

There is a long list of percentages down the stack. But at this point I hit my major road block, I don't actually understand that API. I've tried looking through the header files and source in guilib, but I don't understand the rendering process. What is meant to be done by calls to "FrameMove", "Process", and "Render"? They seemed to be called on every GUI item once every frame. I'm having trouble tracking down what exactly the differences between these function are and the comments in the code aren't super clear to me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Idle time cpu utilisation & guilib help0