Trouble with screen flashing blank (resolution change?) in channel preview
This is running OpenELEC on a Raspberry PI 2 served from a MythTV backend which is getting data from a HD Homerun.
This is a new system for me so this isn't something that was working and has stopped.

In TV->Channels if I select a channel from the list so that the channel plays in the window to the right of the channel list display, the screen on the television starts flashing black and then the tv displays the input+resolution display (eg. HDMI 1920x1080/60p) as if the signal had been lost and then came back. This happens every few seconds. If I switch to full screen it happens less often, once every couple of minutes. This happens when watching recordings as well, at least HD recordings, although not as often (it seems). As far as I can tell, this only happens when watching HD content, not SD. If its of any use, there is a log file at http://www.xbmclogs.com/pzighot3i

Here's some timing for the log file:
From 18:33-18:34 I left the video playing it in the channel view mode where it flashed every few seconds
A few seconds after 18:34 I switched to full screen and the blinking mostly stopped
Just before 18:35:22 while still in full screen mode it flashed once

I noticed the cpu drops to 45% while in full screen mode but it was much higher,
95%, in windowed mode (that's 1 core, the others are significantly less busy)
I rebuilt from scratch and the problem has gone away. No idea what I might have done differently but playback is flawless now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble with screen flashing blank (resolution change?) in channel preview0