"No CEC capable TV detected" message
Hi,

I have an AVR CEC capable and DVI monitor (no TV CEC capable), so I created an edid file in /flash/ for the AVR and added in the config.txt file:
Code:
hdmi_edid_file=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1

I installed a night testbuild yesterday
OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Milhouse-20150328210216-#0328-g61e13a3
and now I get the following message around 30 seconds after booting:
Quote:"No CEC capable TV detected - Disable polling for CEC capable device?"
I'd guess the right answer is "YES", what I did but every time I reboot, I get the same message.
Is there a way to keep the answer?
I didn't find it in CEC setup.

Thanks.
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
It seems to be a bug (not remembering the Yes selection). Disabling CEC in Settings is a workaround.

Edit: Not remembering the "Yes" selection may be a result of OpenELEC not saving the Settings on GUI shutdown/reboot (it will save on systemctl stop)
Edit2: Nope, doesn't seem to be a Settings saving issue (I hope to have a fix for the GUI in the next build). I've left a comment on PR6653 which introduced this feature, as it always leaves the CEC adapter enabled even when answering "Yes" to disable it.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
hdmi_ignore_cec=1

Downside, no AVR CEC capability. Its a no win situation. Sad

In fact, 1 year ago I couldn't use the AVR remote to control the Pi as I don't have a CEC TV. Driver was not able to do so.
I bought a Flirc and an automatic Standby Shutdown extension lead.

AVR, Pi and monitor are connected to the controlled extension lead outlets. When I press Power on, on the remote (red button), it start the outlet and Pi starts, AVR goes to standby. Then after few seconds Pi power on AVR and select the good input on it.
To shut down, I go to the home menu then press the same red button, this shuts the AVR to standby and sends shut-down to Pi. After 1 minute the controlled outlets switch off power on devices.

I don't know which way Pi to AVR works (CEC or other) but with the above setup it works fine.
So the new soft is maybe another (better?) way to do the same but the YES answer should be memorised.

BTW, so far I have to go to the main (home) menu to shut down Pi (it doesn't accept it in another window). I am looking for a way to do 2 actions with only one pressed/received button. What is the best way? (Just a link, this is not the subject of this thread)
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
Have a play with this add-on and see if you can map what is required to a remote control button:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"No CEC capable TV detected" message0