tvheadend kodi teletext subtitles
I´m running openelec 5.0.7 (with tvheadend 3.9.2496~gd386ed0) on a server with a TBS6981 dvb-s card.

On a windows computer i have installed Kodi (tried 14.1, 14.2 and 15 alpha+nightly).
The problem i have is that i have go to teletext (v) and input correct page number to get teletext subtitles.
What i´ve read on other threads i should be able to choose teletext subs in the audio page but there it says none.

Is there some setting to get this to work or does anyone have any idea to what the problem might be?

The only stream profile that works in kodi is htsp, if i choose matroska or pass kodi doesn´t start any channel.
It should just work, are you saying there are no subtitle tracks available in the audio settings dialog? If not, could you post a debug log?
Yes, correct. No subtitle tracks available in the audio settings dialog.

Here is a debug log
The channel tuned is svt2 hd and i got teletext subs with "v" and page 199 but none visable in audio settings dialog.
It seems like tvheadend doesn't detect the subtitles for this channel. Do you have any other channel you can check with?
Sure.

Here is a new log for the channel sjuan. Same results.
Do you have any stream filters enabled in tvheadend that would filter out the subtitles? I've never seen your issue before, tvheadend should report "TEXTSUB" streams during the subscription start, not just the TELETEXT stream. Are you able to try a different version?
No stream filters enabled

I have tried both openelec 4.2.1 (with older tvheadend) and 5.0.7
I have also tried both versions of openelec with different drivers build for dvb cards
Lastly i have tried a TBS6981 card and a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-hd-s2

Nothing gave me the teletext subtitle option in audio settings dialog
I think you'll have to file a bug report on tvheadend.org. It really should just work.
Are you watching 0.8W (aka Thor)? ISTR that Windows Media Center also ignores subtitles on SVT1 HD and SVT2 HD on Thor - and at one point there weren't any at all on the SVT HD channels at 0.8?
Yes it is on 0.8W, but also 4.9E
I haven't only tried svt 1 and 2 but also sjuan and tv4

I have talked to another user on another board and it works for him.
I have tried the same version of openelec/tvheadend he is using without luck.
He doesn´t use the same dvb card as me tho.
Wonder if this is related to multiple channel subtitles being carried on the same channel (i.e. SVT1 on 199 and SVT2 on 299 on both channels? Do TV4 and Sjuan carry both channels' subtitles on each other?)
@ switchcore do you have subs on Canal digital and viasat ( the movie channels )?
Cause i thought it was those type of channels we where talking about , but also animal planet and , Discovery world and so on ( all sd channels)
(2015-04-04, 19:12)Jönke Wrote: @ switchcore do you have subs on Canal digital and viasat ( the movie channels )?
Cause i thought it was those type of channels we where talking about , but also animal planet and , Discovery world and so on ( all sd channels)

Yes, those channels work, they use dvb subs.

It is when a swedish program airs you can get swedish subs via teletext that doesn't work in the audio settings dialog.
(2015-04-04, 00:38)noggin Wrote: Wonder if this is related to multiple channel subtitles being carried on the same channel (i.e. SVT1 on 199 and SVT2 on 299 on both channels? Do TV4 and Sjuan carry both channels' subtitles on each other?)

It's not like that anymore.
All channels use page 199 now.
Tested on svt1, svt2, tv4, kanal5, sjuan (also their hd equivalents)
Yes i checked on my setup , and it has the same issue. No subs on sdtv from svt in Kodi menu.
But can be enabled with teletext no 199

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tvheadend kodi teletext subtitles0