system Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
/0 bus Motherboard
/0/0 processor cpu
/0/1 processor cpu
/0/2 processor cpu
/0/3 processor cpu
/0/4 memory 736MiB System memory
/1 eth0 network Ethernet interface

No USB device attached, only HDMI cable and Ethernet cable.

on Raspbian:

Linux PiServer 3.18.7-v7+ #755 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 12 17:20:48 GMT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

my KODI is as follow:

Package: kodi
Version: 2:14.1-1~wheezy
Architecture: all
Maintainer: Team XBMC <[email protected]>

NO webserver active, only CEC control.

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:

I haven't workedout how to reproduce this issue systematically yet. So far, here is what I can see:

Kodi, hangs when I stop an online stream (e.g. youtube video) and waits for a loooong time before going to the video menu. This does not happen with all the streams, and it seems to be more likely when the stream is long or when it is 1080 (although I cannot be sure of that).

There is no custom settings in advancedsetting.xml so everything is default.

Changing the caching method from RAM to to disk does not solve the issue.
Changing caching size or rate does not solve the issue
Changing memory split does not solve the issue

This is a chunk of kodi.log and you can see that since the "stop" event at 01:05:05

01:05:05 T:1961500672 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
01:05:05 T:1961500672 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
01:05:05 T:1737487376 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
01:05:05 T:1737487376 NOTICE: Closing stream player 1
01:05:05 T:1665135632 NOTICE: thread end: OMXPlayerAudio::OnExit()
01:05:05 T:1737487376 NOTICE: Closing stream player 2
01:05:05 T:1696601104 NOTICE: thread end: video_thread
01:09:52 T:1961500672 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting

So, as you can see, the process hangs when reaches:

01:05:05 T:1696601104 NOTICE: thread end: video_thread

Where I guess kodi is waiting for this MF to signal:

01:05:05 T:1961500672 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit

when at 01:09:52 the DVDPlayer gives the signal then the player effectively stops KODI returns to the menu normally.

01:09:52 T:1961500672 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting

This "hanging" time sometimes is REeeeeeaaaAly long and I am better off killing the process and restart KODI.

When this happens the system is fully functional as I can ssh and the server function normally
Where did you install Kodi from? Does the problem occur with an official Kodi distribution (OpenELEC/OSMC?)
An example Youtube URL that hangs would be useful to investigate the problem.
(2015-03-30, 14:01)popcornmix Wrote: Where did you install Kodi from?

I quote myself:

Quote:my KODI is as follow:

then:
Quote:Does the problem occur with an official Kodi distribution (OpenELEC/OSMC?)

It seems (I can only speculate that this was the same problem) that there are some reports of this before rebranding from XBMC. At the time it was marked as a bug causing long timeout times, the issue was addressed ages ago in some update of XBMC.
But in KODI, no. I am not sure what do you mena by "official".

If you are asking if I flashed an openelec/other image with kodi pre-installed then no. I have installed the kodi using the debian package release by the official kodi team in the official repository.

Quote:An example Youtube URL that hangs would be useful to investigate the problem.

There you go:

00:06:18 T:1961500672 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: https://cs634403.vk.me/u286502453/videos...FMf40DnIVM
(2015-03-30, 14:31)artoo Wrote:

I quote myself:

I have no idea where that came from. Please answer the question.
Is this is deb you installed manually onto raspbian? Where did you get the deb file from?
(2015-03-30, 15:00)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-03-30, 14:31)artoo Wrote:

I quote myself:

I have no idea where that came from. Please answer the question.
Is this is deb you installed manually onto raspbian? Where did you get the deb file from?

quite simply: That is the output of apt-cache show kodi. Shows package name, version and maintainer of the package. I understand if you come from another distribution or other OS that you might knot know what that means. My bad. Sorry Angel

Quote:I have no idea where that came from. Please answer the question.

I don't understand these kind of bad vibes. Look I have answered the question already:

Quote: I have installed the kodi using the debian package release by the official kodi team in the official repository.

so yes! it was installed from the .deb package. Big Grin
As far as I'm aware there's isn't a deb file that is supported by team-kodi that works with raspberry pi.

So, firstly, what is your distribution? Are you using raspbian (from here)?
How exactly did you install kodi? Did you "apt-get install kodi?" Did you need to add an extra repo before doing that?
Or did you download a deb file and install that?
edit: nvm
(2015-03-30, 16:25)da-anda Wrote: @popcornmix - I think since a few weeks there is a Kodi package for raspbian - I remember reading about it on the forums. Not sure who packaged it though. Should probably ask Wsnipex

Nothing on downloads page. I know there are various unofficial kodi builds, but if there's an official one, I'd like to know where.

There is a semi-official build here, but as that was only added this afternoon, it seems unlikely that @artoo is using that.
Quote:So, firstly, what is your distribution?

Quote:on Raspbian:

Linux PiServer 3.18.7-v7+ #755 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 12 17:20:48 GMT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

Quote:Are you using raspbian (from here)?

Yes indeed.

Quote:How exactly did you install kodi? Did you "apt-get install kodi?" Did you need to add an extra repo before doing that?
Or did you download a deb file and install that?

No manual install, no manual entry of external repo. Simply "apt-get install kodi". Clean as the soul of a baby.
This is the content of my /etc/apt/sources.list (just because I have the feeling that it will be the next thing that you will ask):

deb http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian/ wheezy main contrib non-free
deb-src http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian/ wheezy main contrib non-free

This is the version of kodi I am running. [output of "kodi --version"]

14.1 Git:38e4046 Media Center Kodi
Copyright © 2005-2013 Team Kodi - http://kodi.tv

Are you saying I am running on a non-standard system or that I am running a non-official release of kodi?

if that is the case, I would like to know on what basis you say so. Or, we can move on to the issue (if you like)

Smile
(2015-03-30, 16:53)artoo Wrote: 14.1 Git:38e4046 Media Center Kodi
Copyright © 2005-2013 Team Kodi - http://kodi.tv

Are you saying I am running on a non-standard system or that I am running a non-official release of kodi?

Did you install this today? What time?

The confusion I have is that before today, installing xbmc/kodi got you a non-pi specific build that didn't run at all.
Today, (I believe about midday) a kodi package was added to the raspbian repo. The package used is from here.

Based on the time of your post, it didn't seem likely that you had the new Pi specific package, but given the evidence that seems the only possible outcome.
Right, long day at work, so there you go, I understood your problem. If you allow me one imprecision I can easily admit that I missed that I had the meme.za.net repo active as well. And my system is upgraded on a daily basis.

So, I hope the evidence makes sense now.

Now that you can believe I have an official release of kodi installed on a official raspbian, can I have your thoughts on the issues of the topic?
(2015-03-30, 16:25)da-anda Wrote: edit: nvm

You mean non volatile memory ?

mmm not sure what you mean by nvm
I can play the YouTube url. I am getting quite a lot of buffering so that may affect things.
So far I've had no issues stopping playback with omxplayer enabled.
I have seen high cpu when omxplayer was disabled, and that did take a while to stop.
I'll see if I can find why that happened, but I'm not sure that's your issue.

Do you see high cpu before the stop, or while waiting? Any difference in behaviour with omxplayer disabled in acceleration settings?
A complete debug log (wiki) might be useful, Post to a paste site (like xbmclogs.com).
(2015-03-30, 22:19)popcornmix Wrote: I can play the YouTube url. I am getting quite a lot of buffering so that may affect things.
So far I've had no issues stopping playback with omxplayer enabled.
I have seen high cpu when omxplayer was disabled, and that did take a while to stop.
I'll see if I can find why that happened, but I'm not sure that's your issue.

Do you see high cpu before the stop, or while waiting? Any difference in behaviour with omxplayer disabled in acceleration settings?
A complete debug log (wiki) might be useful, Post to a paste site (like xbmclogs.com).

That's helpful Smile

I did notice that CPU load as well, and it definetly stops as soon as the "hanging" period stops. I wasn't sure if that was relevant so I did not want to file that immediately. Now that you say so I can confirm the same on my end. I'll post a full debug log on the same video on xbmclogs

I will give it a go with the settings you suggest and see if anything change.

Thank you Nod
Here is the full log with the same video and issue reproduced.

the log mode as defined in advancedsettings.xml is "1" . It is in fact more verbose and more insightful:

23:16:30 T:1753216016 DEBUG: Thread FileCache 1753216016 terminating
23:21:46 T:1761604624 DEBUG: OMXClock::OMXStop
23:21:46 T:1761604624 DEBUG: COMXCoreComponent:Big Grineinitialize : OMX.broadcom.clock handle 0x418b600
23:21:46 T:1761604624 DEBUG: OnPlayBackStopped: play state was 2, starting 0
23:21:46 T:1761604624 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnStop from xbmc
23:21:46 T:1761604624 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 1, from xbmc, message OnStop
23:21:46 T:1761604624 DEBUG: Thread DVDPlayer 1761604624 terminating
23:21:46 T:1961705472 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting

Link to full log

http://xbmclogs.com/p1xuma5qv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RASPBIAN - KODI HANGS WHEN "STOPPING" video streams0