v14 MySQL Server + Kodi Client running on the SAME RPi2
Question 
Hello everyone,
I'm wondering if it's possible to run a MySQL server simultaneously as my kodi client on the same Raspberry PI 2.

or if possible, have a cloud/internet base solution instead of running an instance of MySQL on another box.

I'm assuming people usually run their DB on their NAS?
I use to run my MySQL Server in a VM on a 3rd box... but when I was dicking around with my host and then decommissioned it., all of my XBMC clients were pretty non-functional.

I'd like to avoid this, by having some sort of "Master Pi" that controls them all.

has anyone done this? or know if it's possible?
(2015-03-30, 21:06)Daniel-san Wrote: I'm wondering if it's possible to run a MySQL server simultaneously as my kodi client on the same Raspberry PI 2.

Yeah sure, maybe. If you had mentioned what OS/distro you are using (or plan to use) it might even be possible to give you a definitive response.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Try It And See™
It is possible with Raspbmc (only PI 1), Osmc, Raspbian. It isn't possible with Openelec.
I run mysql on the same server my media is on. But mysql will certainly run on raspberry pi.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
ok, so "try it and see".
I'm Game!

How do I install and run MySQL in parallel with Kodi?

I'm kind of a newb...

Huh
(2015-03-31, 15:20)Daniel-san Wrote: How do I install and run MySQL in parallel with Kodi?

How about reading what others answered first? Huh

Milhouse Wrote:If you had mentioned what OS/distro you are using (or plan to use) it might even be possible to give you a definitive response.

This.
I'm currently running OSMC's latest build.

but I'm not married to it, I'm willing to install whatever it takes to get them both running.
OSMC is built on debian so you should be able to just
Code:
sudo apt-get install mysql-server
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Really? it's that easy?

turn on the pi, let it load to Kodi,
SSH to it,
run the command,
and the MySQL instance will install and then run at the same time as kodi?

I shall try this and report back..

Thank you!
I haven't done it myself on osmc, and don't currently have Kamchatka on my pi, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I don't know what performance will be like though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Server + Kodi Client running on the SAME RPi20