USB Remote and mapping Context key
So running Openelec.I picked up a cheap USB Remote off Amazon for $5.Works fine.Plug and play.Only thing is some of the buttons are'nt mapped to
correct function. ESC does nothing and their is no mapping to bring up context menu.
All the other stuff works fine.I just need to tweek the mapping.
I started in Kodi forum first instead of Openelec.As yyou can see from pic it has a mouse and key and I can bring context menu up using the mouse and right key but moving the mouse is janky. Like trying to play a FPS with a controller and aiming. I want o map it say the tab key to context menu.
From reading I assume I have to map a keymap mapping tab key to c and place it in userdata/keymaps.

EDIT:Never mind.I found out Kodi has a keymap edit addon. Simple to remap "C" to tab key on remote.
(2015-03-31, 04:08)stratotak Wrote: EDIT:Never mind.I found out Kodi has a keymap edit addon. Simple to remap "C" to tab key on remote.

Could you point me in the right direction for this? I have some keys on my MCE remote that don't work or I would like to remap. I don't know how to do this yet, although to be fair, I haven't tried very hard so far.

Thanks!

Mark
Here the links
Add-on how to install
Forum how to use

I installed it yesterday as I wanted to be able to shut down the pi in any screen/window without going in the home screen.
Just done in 5 mn

So far I don't know exactly if the "general" window overwrite other windows or the opposite. I have to do some tests again.
But why I should bother me, it's working fine. Cool
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
Thanks. That seems to work fine for most keys.

I have a Microsoft MCE remote control, which I am using with a photodiode on the GPIO connector. It works out of the box for most things, but the green 'home' button doesn't do anything. I can't map it using this, so I guess it isn't sending a regular keypress.

It worked fine with the MCE remote receiver.
I have the same remote and for those wanting the other way heres how

http://forums.tvaddons.ag/threads/10182-...#post92497

I also added a favourite key for number 7. would be worth the trouble to learn how to master the xml file for this. really recommend that
That last link gets to another link for a downloadable keyboard.xml - unfortunately, when I click on it it doesn't get there (possibly because I'm not a member of the tvaddons forum), so it doesn't get us any further
Derek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB Remote and mapping Context key0