streamzap remote gives double key presses in kodi
I am using a streamzap remote on a raspberry pi running 'kodi-standalone -l /run/lirc/lircd'. I have lircd setup and running with my /etc/lirc/lircd.conf.d/streamzap.conf and the remote gives a double key press in Kodi (I hit right arrow and it responds with two right arrows for example). To fix this on x86_64, I simply added the following to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-streamzap.conf which causes Xorg to ignore the remote as a keyboard device, but since kodi-standalone on the Raspberry Pi does not use Xorg (it uses xinit), I don't think this file is sources as it is on my x86_64 box. Any thoughts to fix the doubling of key presses on the Pi?

Code:
Section "InputClass"
  Identifier "Ignore Streamzap IR"
  MatchProduct "Streamzap"
  MatchIsKeyboard "true"
  Option "Ignore" "true"
EndSection
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
Interesting that it works fine with 90-streamzap.conf I pasted on the x86_64 box using full blown Xorg so I'm thinking it must be something related to /usr/bin/kodi-standalone:

Arch ARM:
Code:
/usr/bin/kodi-standalone -l /run/lirc/lircd

Arch
Code:
/usr/bin/xinit /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session /usr/bin/kodi-standalone -- :0 -nolisten tcp vt7
Another user with this problem and no practical solution: https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/11/13/315
The solution was to blacklist the modules jacking up the input:
Code:
% cat /etc/modprobe.d/streamzap.conf      
install ir_sharp_decoder /bin/false
install ir_xmp_decoder /bin/false
install ir_rc5_decoder /bin/false
install ir_nec_decoder /bin/false
install ir_sony_decoder /bin/false
install ir_mce_kbd_decoder /bin/false
install ir_jvc_decoder /bin/false
install ir_rc6_decoder /bin/false
install ir_sanyo_decoder /bin/false
graysky, I signed up on here to say... THANKS for all the git resources you provided for the streamzap remote. I had this nice 10 yr old streamzap remote with usb receiver sitting in my closet and thought I'd dig it up and see if I could make some use of it for Kodi.

After following the white rabbit down many dead ends, I finally ran across a few of your posts and was able to put the puzzle pieces together.

12 hours later, I got the streamzap remote working perfectly on Raspberry Pi 2 B and Raspberry Pi Zero both running RetroPie 3.x and Kodi 15.2. The remote doesn't work for RetroPie (and I wasn't intending it work for that) but for Kodi it's great.

For anyone who might be digging up their old streamzap remote to use with Kodi on Raspberry Pi, here's the post that made the most sense (it also makes a reference to graysky's git resource). Following these steps, you could probably get the remote working in 15 minutes or less (YMMV depending on your comfort with Linux command line).

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2286674 (Thanks dudous!).
You're welcome. The github stuff has been updated for lirc v0.9.4 a few months back. Enjoy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
streamzap remote gives double key presses in kodi0