Android Video Playing in Top Left Corner Only
Hi, I have got a Amlogic Android Media device with the newest version of Kodi on it. The Kodi interface is fine full screen etc.. but when i go to play a video it only plays shows in the top left corner.

I have seen a few similar posts but the suggestions do not work for me. For example:

- Turning hdmi auto detection to off on the android box and selecting the required output (1080p)
- Pressing \ on a keyboard
- Trying older builds of Kodi/Xbmc
- Changing the decoding method to Software

None of these have worked however when i change the decoding method to software the video DOES play full screen BUT it stutters. I have tried all the different combinations of decoding methods but i always either end with video top left of screen 1080p etc.. or full screen but unwatchable stuttering.

Can anyone help please.
Have you tried leaving the Decoding method enabled as Hardware accelerated but disabling both libstagefright and MediaCodec?

Works for me.
(2015-04-01, 14:48)JNRW Wrote: Have you tried leaving the Decoding method enabled as Hardware accelerated but disabling both libstagefright and MediaCodec?

Works for me.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes have tried all the different combinations of those 3 check boxes.
Same issue here different android box and I have tried 14.2 and 15 kodi. Changing every display setting I could find and nothing everything else displays full screen.
This is the box i have:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xsbox-S805-Andro...B00OPX3XQ6

I have read somewhere it may be due to it not being rooted and giving kodi the right permissions. Unsure how to go about rooting this box though as it doesn't have a micro usb slot so i can connect it to a computer.
As busta87 has joined this post my reply is to both of you.

I have spoken to a friend who is far more knowledgable than me and it is possible that seeing as this problem exists on the same type of box there may well be an incompatibility between the Kodi software and the video hardware.

To prove or disprove this are you able to run a video entirely within Android and not through Kodi? If it runs full screen the theory is proven.

If not then you may have to do a full factory reset on the box which will wipe out EVERYTHING so be very careful about this step. There is a number of explanatory videos on You Tube to assist you in this.

Before that though if it were me I would be banging on the supplier's door informing him of the problem.

I wish you good luck.
It is kodi I have already tested running other apps mate too.The issue only appears in kodi just strange how the buttons along the bottom are full screen but not the video..

Not sure how not having root could be an issue but I can look into rooting it any way.
Without wishing to appear to hijack this thread could you report back your success or otherwise on rooting?
I have the same problem, all Kodi versions.
HW is an MK 808b Plus TV stick, amlogic S805 CPU.
I read some topic, but there is no solution.
I think this is a HW settings problem, because sometime the movies is on full screen, sometimes is on the top left corner.
The GUI is full screen everywhere.
I try to change some settings in the box Settings > Developer Options > GPU settings.
But i do not know exactly, what options i must to change?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Playing in Top Left Corner Only0