Display foreign title movies as english title
Hi

How can I display foreign language movies in their English (original title)

I have already scraped the movie with a movie scraper program so under choose a scraper
I am using
-Local information only

If I choose
-The movie database scraper
Then there is a setting - Keep original title

but there is no way to click setting - Keep original title
when using - Local information only
"Local Information Only" relies on NFO files for your movies so you must make sure that you have NFO files for all your movies. You can create these automatically if you export your current database to individual files, but they will contain the titles as they are now in your library.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
That's correct.

A way to get this solved might be setting up a different source for the specific movies. For example you have movies in your mother language and want to get them scraped in this language and you have movies in a foreign (english) language....

Then I would seperate the sources:

-movies-mother
--movie 1
--movie 2
--movie 3

and

movies-original
--movie 4
--movie 5
--movie 6

As you can set different settings (language for example) for different sources ("movies-mother" or "movies-original") with the same content (movies), you can seperate the sources and let the scraper do its job.

Note: For this, your library has to be removed and everything has to be resraped again!!!

If you have a huge library already and don't want to scrape anything again. Do what PY-SYM mentioned....

Export your library to seperate NFO files. Edit those NFO files and change the "title"-tag to whatever you like:

Code:
<title>some-title</title>
to
Code:
<title>some-original-title</title>

You can still set your scraper to a scraping website. There is no need to set it to "local information only" because Kodi always looks if there is a NFO file present before it scrapes online. But you have to refresh the movie info after you have edited the NFO file. Otherwise still the old title is displayed.

Greetings
(2015-04-02, 09:30)David1977 Wrote: That's correct.

A way to get this solved might be setting up a different source for the specific movies. For example you have movies in your mother language and want to get them scraped in this language and you have movies in a foreign (english) language....

Then I would seperate the sources:

-movies-mother
--movie 1
--movie 2
--movie 3

and

movies-original
--movie 4
--movie 5
--movie 6

As you can set different settings (language for example) for different sources ("movies-mother" or "movies-original") with the same content (movies), you can seperate the sources and let the scraper do its job.

Note: For this, your library has to be removed and everything has to be resraped again!!!

If you have a huge library already and don't want to scrape anything again. Do what PY-SYM mentioned....

Export your library to seperate NFO files. Edit those NFO files and change the "title"-tag to whatever you like:

Code:
<title>some-title</title>
to
Code:
<title>some-original-title</title>

You can still set your scraper to a scraping website. There is no need to set it to "local information only" because Kodi always looks if there is a NFO file present before it scrapes online. But you have to refresh the movie info after you have edited the NFO file. Otherwise still the old title is displayed.

Greetings

I am not quite sure what you are telling me here

but it seems like you are suggesting will require alot of manually work...
"Export your library to seperate NFO files. Edit those NFO files and change the "title"-tag to whatever you like:"

Also I think there is some confusion with the original post..

As I have said, I have already scrape the movies with a scraping program called "Media center master"
It has created the NFO file in each movie folder

which has these tags, which is read by Kodi,

<LocalTitle>San Taam Ka To</LocalTitle>
<OriginalTitle>An Inspector Calls</OriginalTitle>

What I want is to be able configure the setting for "Local information only" to display the <OriginalTitle> tag instead of the <LocalTitle> tag

===

Also the main issue I am having is
I want to display English title for non foreign movies, since I can't read foreign titles

If there a solution to fix this, without involving alot of manual work editing each NFO files, then that would be great.
That's a skin thingy. The video info scanner just reads what's there.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-04-10, 08:20)mkortstiege Wrote: That's a skin thingy. The video info scanner just reads what's there.

So how do you suggest I fix this problem?

What I want is to be able to display my movies in english language title (including the foreign language movies) because I can't read those foreign language titles....

Some of them would display it in foreign language characters e.g. Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc..
This is useless to me, since I can't read them.

I already have the NFO files that was scraped with Media Center Master..
those NFO files are inside every movie folder
It looks like your scraper is handling this different than Kodi.
When we scrape, we will get the localised title (eg if your Kodi is set to English this would be English) and put it in <title>
We then get the original title (say this is a Turkish movie, that would be Turkish) and put it in <originaltitle>
You can see this when you scrape from Kodi and export to NFO.

It then depends on the skin whether the <title> or <originaltitle> is shown. Confluence will show the title in most fields, but in the extra information screen the original title is shown.
Some skins have an option where you can choose between the two in the skin settings. In your case this won't work: there is no Title field in your NFO.

The tag you have (<LocalTitle>) is not supported by Kodi at all. Did you generate NFO's for the wrong program ?
Scraping the movies from within Kodi seems like a better idea in case you can't run MCM correctly.
(2015-04-10, 12:56)Kib Wrote: It looks like your scraper is handling this different than Kodi.
When we scrape, we will get the localised title (eg if your Kodi is set to English this would be English) and put it in <title>
We then get the original title (say this is a Turkish movie, that would be Turkish) and put it in <originaltitle>
You can see this when you scrape from Kodi and export to NFO.

It then depends on the skin whether the <title> or <originaltitle> is shown. Confluence will show the title in most fields, but in the extra information screen the original title is shown.
Some skins have an option where you can choose between the two in the skin settings. In your case this won't work: there is no Title field in your NFO.

The tag you have (<LocalTitle>) is not supported by Kodi at all. Did you generate NFO's for the wrong program ?
Scraping the movies from within Kodi seems like a better idea in case you can't run MCM correctly.

Sorry I made a mistake when I said <Localtitle>, the NFO does show <title> tag...
I was looking at the wrong file, cos MCM also generates a movie.xml file for mediabrowser

So what do you suggest I do?

I prefer to scrape with an external program cos it is faster, and can download trailers etc..
and it keeps the those files in each movie folder instead of localised to the Kodi folder

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display foreign title movies as english title0