v14 Missing thumbs and fanart after moving to MySQL
Question 
Hi,

This is my setup today

Server : Windows 8.1, Shared folders, MySQL and tinyMediaManager(all metadata is generated with this tool)
Client : Windows 7, Kodi 14.2

I am now adding another client just as the one above but with Windows 8.1. To provide updated status of all the mediafiles to both clients I also hade to migrate to MySQL. I have followed the instructions on how to setup and import to MySQL, I hade however problems to import from my media librare on the server(multiple shared folders) so I hade to go with the single file export.

The original client have been pointed to the MySQL database and a import from the local singel file export has been done with success. Everything works fine here.

The problem is the new client, it does connect to MySQL database and it can play the media but none of the thumbs or fanart is displayed? Only if I manually browse the shares (Videos) I can see the thumbs.

How do I fix this?

I suspect that the url to the thumbs and fanart is going to the exported folder on original client instead for fetching it from the shared folders?
You were supposed to export as separate files... you'll probably have to redo it.
(2015-04-01, 14:28)wheemer Wrote: You were supposed to export as separate files... you'll probably have to redo it.

Yes, I know, I dod export it to the shared folders as stated but did never found watched(other thread on this board). I found however after import of the single file(that also did not contained watched) that it is called something else now. So I will try to clear the database in some way? Is there any instructions for that? And then import from my shared librarys, the question is how to import from multiple librarys?
You need MySQL administrator and then you can just drop the database.

Also I think you need:

<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

in order to import watched statuses.

Not sure what you mean by multiple libraries
Okay, I have droped the schemas and when restarting Kodi they was created again but now empty.

The Importwatched and resume is already set, the strange part is that watched tag is not existing anymore as far as I can see, instead there is another solution for this.

Anyway, Im no trying to import my library but my library is located in multiple shared folders on the server. When choosing import in Kodi I can´t choose any network drive and there is nothing on the local drive becides the singel file export i did before? Show how do I select the shared folders to import?

Multiple libraries = more then 1 shared folder on server/NAS that holds video files.
You need to add sources. You add the name of the source "TV Shows" and then you can add multiple locations in it for all your folders. Then you can select local files only as the scrap method.
No, this is a purely Windows 7 networking issue, I assure you of that. I just went through it about a month ago. Although, my setup was:

Server: Windows 7
Client: Another Windows 7 box

Everything was working except for art/poster etc. I could see the listings, just not the pictures. I eventually figured it out.

Do you have a Windows password set for your Windows 7 Client box? Or does it login without a password?
(2015-04-01, 18:44)wheemer Wrote: You need to add sources. You add the name of the source "TV Shows" and then you can add multiple locations in it for all your folders. Then you can select local files only as the scrap method.

Aha, yet again, not vary clear from the instructions. I have added the shared folders on client 1 and it worked fine. I did not know how to do on client 2 but at startup it listed all the videos porperly. To get it to update the database from the shared folders I suspect that the source have to be added just as on client 1 so I added the source at this client as well and it seems to works great so far. We will see how well it syncs and updates the library.

The instructions did only say that the SQL information in advanced config was enouth but im not sure how new videos would be added to the database without the source in Kodi.
(2015-04-01, 19:13)helta Wrote: No, this is a purely Windows 7 networking issue, I assure you of that. I just went through it about a month ago. Although, my setup was:

Server: Windows 7
Client: Another Windows 7 box

Everything was working except for art/poster etc. I could see the listings, just not the pictures. I eventually figured it out.

Do you have a Windows password set for your Windows 7 Client box? Or does it login without a password?

The problems was on a Windows 8.1 computer and yes I have passwords for the shared folders. But it was solved another way as you can see in my prev post. Thanks anyway!
You only need to have one instance updating the library, the second client should see the updates without needing to scan.
(2015-04-01, 20:28)wheemer Wrote: You only need to have one instance updating the library, the second client should see the updates without needing to scan.

Yes but if you are adding a new video that you want to see on client 2 you dont want to start client 1 just to update the library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing thumbs and fanart after moving to MySQL0