Organising your films better.
Hi, I recently ripped my DVD collection to hard drive and hooked it up to XBMC. Now all of a sudden this gives me an extra 1000 odd films to wade through when clicking into the movies library. I'm after some tips on making finding films easy and just generally getting this set up better because I find the basic downward scrolling A-Z list is an awkward way to manage titles. I'm new at this so if I'm just holding it wrong lemme know.

Now at the moment I'm using the Amber interface just because I like the look of it the most. So if you find some other skin more usable please share.

Now the first thing I don't like is in the sub menu underneath the MOVIES button the sub tabs are UPDATE (useful), GENRES (the tmdb genres are too broad to be very helpful), SETS (very random) RECENT (don't mind it but don't need it really...) TAGS (I like the idea but the implementation I find fairly unusable) and LIBRARY (which is superfluous given the MOVIE button above). Can I change these to say, UPDATE, DIRECTOR, COUNTRY and YEAR (a decade button rather than actual year would be more useful)? If so can you direct me to instructions? I've been looking, spent a long time in the settings, but have come up dry.

Also is there maybe a skin that has a set of A to Z buttons? So I can just click M for instance and get all my "M' movies?

And scrapers. What's your pick for movies? The TMDB does a very good job of recognising even some really rare films but is there a better option that gives better synopsis, cast, crew information etc?
Try Shift-M on your keyboard....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Organising your films better.0