Req Upcoming recordings - show EPG data
Here we go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p4a6kzwvhgc9do...s.xml?dl=0
Description is not possible right now.
Thanks once again.

I am pretty sure I have the files correctly installed on my RPi, but as you say, I don't see the EPG (or indeed any difference at all).

I'll try to be patient and wait until this becomes part of the release skin/install. Either that, or keep watching the forum and see if I can get it sorted.
Out of interest: Open "C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database\Epg10.db" with sqlitebrowser or similar.
In table "epgtags" is there any data for "sPlotOutline" and "sEpisodeName"?
Btw. have you restarted Kodi after copying over my files?
(2015-04-10, 00:59)pünktchen Wrote: Out of interest: Open "C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database\Epg10.db" with sqlitebrowser or similar.
In table "epgtags" is there any data for "sPlotOutline" and "sEpisodeName"?

sPlotOutline simply contains a duplicate of the name of the program. sPlot contains the actual description from the EPG.
(2015-04-10, 01:08)pünktchen Wrote: Btw. have you restarted Kodi after copying over my files?

Yes, I did this on both systems.
Last try: close Kodi, delete Epg10.db and restart Kodi!
If you still do not see the episode name, i have to ask: Are you sure your EPG has this data?
(2015-04-10, 14:48)pünktchen Wrote: Last try: close Kodi, delete Epg10.db and restart Kodi!
If you still do not see the episode name, i have to ask: Are you sure your EPG has this data?

I tried that!

No change.

I am absolutely certain my EPG has the data. Not sure how to post a screenshot here (the only option seems to be if I upload it somewhere else first) but the programme description shows very clearly in the EPG, but not in the scheduled screen. Confused
Programdescription is not episodename! Description aka plot is not possible right now.
Can you upload your Kodi epg database to dropbox?
(2015-04-10, 16:56)pünktchen Wrote: Programdescription is not episodename! Description aka plot is not possible right now.
Can you upload your Kodi epg database to dropbox?

I sent you a PM with the dropbox link.

In your screenshot, the top right of the screen has some data. I guess this is not from the program description in the EPG.

It's all a matter of personal usage, but I would find this to be particularly useful to see, if I want to know more about the program/episode that will be recorded. That way, I can see if it is an episode that I have already got/seen, so I can cancel it.

Not nagging (I hope) and not insisting that someone fix this for me! Just giving my perspective on how I use this data.

Best wishes,

Mark
As a workaround, in the scheduling view "search for similar"!
The search view (my first screenshot) has programdescription and you can delete schedules there (but not edit).
Hi,

I have done a bit more digging, and I'm really confused.

The file you uploaded has
<control type="textbox">
<!--Info Plot-->
<visible>Control.IsVisible(17)</visible>
<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Date)</visible>
<include>animation_view_change_pvr</include>

<posx>1150</posx>
<posy>190</posy>
<width>650</width>
<height>190</height>
<textcolor>white</textcolor>
<label fallback="161">$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</label>
</control>

and your screenshot has information in there. Mind just shows 'unavailable'.

Is there a fix somewhere that hasn't made it into a nightly build? Which build are you using to get the description showing there?

Sorry, I'm probably being really stupid, but it's taking me time to get up to speed.

Mark
ListItem.Plot does only work for the "search view" (my screenshot) and NOT for the "timer view" (your request)!

Haven't you read my pm? What is your guide source, DVB-EPG?
(2015-04-12, 19:46)pünktchen Wrote: ListItem.Plot does only work for the "search view" (my screenshot) and NOT for the "timer view" (your request)!

Haven't you read my pm? What is your guide source, DVB-EPG?

Ah, I didn't spot that your screenshot was not the timers screen.

I did read your PM, and I appreciate the suggestion.

I am using the DVB EPG, which provides pretty good information for most usage scenarios. I am sure I could get more information out of it.

In the meantime, I have opened a ticket for the bug, since it seems pretty clear (to me at least) that this is something that was intended to work, and I'm guessing if this properylu can work in one view, it can work in another. I may even try to find the code myself, although I would have no idea how to compile it.
Thanks to @xhaggi, there is now a pull request for this.

Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upcoming recordings - show EPG data0