Kodi Helix freezes after splash page for about 5 minutes.
When starting kodi after the splash page,it freezes for about 5 to 10 minutes showing black screen and a mouse arrow, after that it loads as usual to the homescreen. This happens every time I start Kodi. I have tried to disable logging through advancesettings.xml as i read in some of the forums, but it doesnt help. After hours and hours trying to fix the problem I couldnt find a solution.

PS: Earlier I had installed XBMC gotham, and it too had similar issues for freezes for about 5 to 10 mins. I have re installed multiple times but problem isnt fixed. Somehow I feel its something to do with network because other small time softwares like utorrent sharemouse all freeze at the beginning.

Any help would be appreciated.
Try disabling your cd/dvd drive if you have one (ie unplug it completely) - and see if that helps. I have seen several reports about optical drives causing long startup delays on windows (for reasons unknown)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
i get this if mysql server isn't reachable.... but as you say after 5mins all is fine, I'm guessing it's not thisHuh
Hi thanks for the reply, I disabled my cd/dvd drive, restarted system, but same problem occurs when I launch Kodi, any other suggestions?
Guys its fixed , after months of frustration, finally uninstalled Avast, and the problem was solved, crappy Avast was making many programs fail or slow.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Helix freezes after splash page for about 5 minutes.0