HDMI audio issue between Intel NUC and LG-TV
This problem is probably a HDMI audio issue between Intel NUC and LG-TV.
However I'm trying to run KODI so my hope is that somebody here has already figured out this issue....

My NUC-HTPC running Win 8.1 (64bit) connected to an LG television is having audio problems with a Yamaha soundbar.

The setup is very simple:

NUC

connected via HDMI to

LGTV

connected via optical cable to

SOUNDBAR

If the NUC is started and the Soundbar is already powered on, then Win 8.1 will not recognize any audio device (red x on the speaker icon).
However if the NUC is started and the Soundbar is powered on AFTER Win 8.1 has loaded (i.e. KODI is running), then the system is able to play sound via the soundbar.

Of course this leads to problems (wife and family ...)

Any help is much appreciated...
Try an EDID override using moninfo for your display device and see if this resolve your issue.

Moninfo
(2015-04-02, 00:20)michasvision Wrote: This problem is probably a HDMI audio issue between Intel NUC and LG-TV.
However I'm trying to run KODI so my hope is that somebody here has already figured out this issue....

My NUC-HTPC running Win 8.1 (64bit) connected to an LG television is having audio problems with a Yamaha soundbar.

The setup is very simple:

NUC

connected via HDMI to

LGTV

connected via optical cable to

SOUNDBAR

If the NUC is started and the Soundbar is already powered on, then Win 8.1 will not recognize any audio device (red x on the speaker icon).
However if the NUC is started and the Soundbar is powered on AFTER Win 8.1 has loaded (i.e. KODI is running), then the system is able to play sound via the soundbar.

Of course this leads to problems (wife and family ...)

Any help is much appreciated...

Make sure your NUC BIOS is up to date - intel had an issue for nearly 18 months, where NUC's continually dropped the HDMI connection when switching off/between sources. I had this issue, however updating the BIOS resolved it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI audio issue between Intel NUC and LG-TV0