XSqueezeDisplay - display Kodi Now Playing info on Squeezebox hardware
Hey Folks

I have made what is basically a version of LCDProc that uses the very nice VFD in old Squeezebox hardware to display the same sort of info as LCDProc. Handy if you happen to have a Squeezebox next to you XBMC device...

Here it is showing time remaining on a video:

There's an addon page with installation details here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:XSqueezeDisplay

The data available for display is:

Code:
# Data is retrieved largely as is from kodi and with matching names.
# All tokens used above must be surrounded by square brackets.
# but you can do, e.g. '[-[time_remaining]]' to get '[-06:23]' for a time remaining counter

my %tokens  =   (   "[current_date]", "",                           #the date now (Uses your LMS format)
                    "[current_time]", "",                           #the time now (Uses your LMS format)
                    "[duration]", "",                               #presented in [HH:]MM:SS (hours not shown unless > 0)
                    "[totaltime]", "",                              #same as duration
                    "[time]", "",                                   #playback time presented in [HH:]MM:SS
                    "[time_remaining]", "",                         #playback time remaining presented in [HH:]MM:SS
                    "[percentage]", "",                             #playback percentage
                    "[title]", "",                                  #title of currently playing item, episode/album title e.g. "It is what it is"
                    "[season]", "",                                 #Season number e.g. 3
                    "[episode]", "",                                #epsiode number e.g. 12
                    "[showtitle]", "",                              #Show title e.g. 'The Lost Room'
                    "[tvshowid]", "",                               #Probably not useful!
                    "[thumbnail]", "",                              #URL for the thumbnail image
                    "[file]", "",                                   #Path to the file (might change later to basename)
                    "[fanart]", "",                                 #URL to fanart
                    "[album]", "",                                  #If audio playing, the album name
                    "[artist]", "",                                 #Comma separated lists of artists for album
                    "[streamdetails_audio_channels]", "",           #Current selected audio, #of channels e.g. 2 for stereo
                    "[streamdetails_audio_codec]", "",              #Audio codec e.g. mp3
                    "[streamdetails_audio_language]", "",           #Language of selected audio, if available
                    "[streamdetails_subtile]", "",                  #Subtitle details
                    "[streamdetails_video_aspect]", "",             #Aspect ratio of the currently playing video, to two decimals, e..g 1.78
                    "[streamdetails_video_codec]", "",              #Codec of the video, e.g. h264
                    "[streamdetails_video_height]", "",             #height in pixels of currently playing video
                    "[streamdetails_video_width]", "",              #width in pixels of currently playing video
                    "[streamdetails_video_stereomode]", "",         #Not sure?
                    "[type]", ""                                    #E.g. 'episode'
                );
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
[deleted]
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Just a bump as this is now working well and generally available. See first post for link to addon page etc.
Thank you for this.
Works as expected.
http://www.xbmcnerds.com - german xbmc community
No problems, glad someone else is using it Smile
Hi there,

I'm a bit late in the game but wondered if this plug-in would be easily tweaked to work on a SB Radio?

It works fine on my Boom and SB2 but not the radio. Unless it's something I'm doing wrong and it should work I guess!

Many thanks for this and especially Xsqueeze, used daily.
Hi @ReggieWard

I'm afraid I never had a Radio, don't know a lot about it. Being newer it may not support the same CLI stuff perhaps?

You could look in your LMS log to see if there are obvious errors?
Just wanted to say thanks for creating this plug-in! Works perfectly (after a few hiccups trying to find out which parameters where required for setup) on my Squeezebox v3 and Nvidia Shield TV running Kodi.
No worries, glad it is working for you Smile
Could someone please help me configuring the plugin?
I'm using LMS 7.7.5 and Squeezebox classic.

LMS is running on Win10 64bit.
Kodi is running on RPi3.

Here is a piece of server log
"[16-10-31 19:25:54.7564] Slim::Web::Settings::handler (153) Preference names must be prefixed by "pref_" in the page template: plugin_xsqueezedisplay_kodiip (PLUGIN_XSQUEEZEDISPLAY)"

Thanks in advance!
@s1mp3 - I get that too (I'm using 7.9) - shouldn't stop anything working if I recall correctly, although a while since I did anything with it from a dev point of view (other than actually use it every day!)

Is it not working for you?
Thank you for such quick reply!
Got it to work Big Grin
deleted

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XSqueezeDisplay - display Kodi Now Playing info on Squeezebox hardware0