Custom favorites plays wrong library source
First post here so I must thank wyrm for the excellent work on this skin, I was after a skin that was elgant, simple to use but programmable, I have 3 machines running OpenElec and a Ubuntu machine running kodi 4.2 for testing and a Ubuntu server all connected by wired ethernet, everything is going according to plan except for an issue with custom favourites.

Objective: To play music videos partymode from one button click from the music menu

SetUp:
* Add a favourite in the ~/.kodi/userdata/favourites file:
<favourites>
<favourite name="Partymode Videos">XBMC.PlayerControl(Partymode(video))</favourite>
</favourites>

* Use the appearance/skin-settings/custom favourites to add the above favourite to the music menu

Results:
* Selecting the "Partymode Video" button from the music menu plays the music partymode not the video partymode !!!
* The log file:
09:55:39 T:3033610048 WARNING: SplitParams(Partymode(video,return) - end of string while searching for ) or "
09:55:39 T:3033610048 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
09:55:39 T:3033610048 ERROR: Error loading Smart playlist video,return (failed to read file)
09:55:40 T:3020946240 NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
09:55:40 T:2940599104 NOTICE: Thread PAPlayer start, auto delete: false
09:55:41 T:2919332672 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

* I can get rid of the 09:55:39 T:3033610048 WARNING: SplitParams(Partymode(video,return) - end of string while searching for ) or " error by changing <favourite name="Partymode Videos">XBMC.PlayerControl(Partymode(video))</favourite> to <favourite name="Partymode Videos">XBMC.PlayerControl(Partymode(video, return))</favourite> in the favourites,xml file but the results are the same.

* If "Partymode Video" is selected from the main menu / favourites then it works as expected and the music videos are played in partymode.
* The log file:
10:22:51 T:3033610048 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: smb://SERVER1/data1/music/video/Rolling Stones/Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want.flv
10:22:51 T:3033610048 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
10:22:51 T:2756967232 NOTICE: Thread DVDPlayer start, auto delete: false
10:22:51 T:2756967232 NOTICE: Creating InputStream

Notes:
* I have read that partymode(music) is the default if a file can not be found
* It appears as if the command is changed somehow when stored as a custom favourite, therefore the PartyMode-Video.xsp is not found (09:55:39 T:3033610048 ERROR: Error loading Smart playlist video,return (failed to read file)) and the partymode(music) is defaulted to.

I am not sure if this is a bug in kodi or the skin and would like some direction on debugging this issue further, it would be good to know where the custom favourites are stored for a start.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
John ......
jww_289,

Pretty sure this is a bug with Kodi (I believe that it has been fixed in the nightly's). I even tried using the direct path to the music video playlist (special://master profile/PartyMode-Video.xsp) with no luck. For future reference I'm pretty sure the command you will need to add to your favourites file is PlayerControl(Partymode(video))

Hope that helps
Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Thanks Wyrm, I have also tried the direct path in the Partymode() command with the same results.
I will upgrade kodi to see if the issue has been addressed, I suspected kodi as I couldn't find how the skin passed the "menu/favourite command" or the "music/customfavourite command" to kodi so I suspected the favourtie / custom linking was done in kodi itself ........

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Regards,
John ......
To finish this thread I have found the same problem exists in kodi 15.0 so PlayMedia() was used in the favourites file, eg:

<favourite name="Random Videos">XBMC.PlayMedia(special://profile/PartyMode-Video.xsp)</favourite>
When this is assigned to a custom favourite and selected the music video playlist is played as normal.

Regards,
John ......

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom favorites plays wrong library source0