Multiple users one mysql database
Can this be done.

I have everything centralized in our house

we have one server machine running headless that stores all the media files and maintains the library in an sql database

we then have multiple machines using that database with an advanced settings file, each of these machines is for a different person because myself, my wife, my son and both of my daughters each have their own PC.

Is it possible using this kind of setup to have one sql database with multiple profiles so that if my son watches a show on his machine it gets listed as viewed on his machine but not on anyone elses.
You have to use a custom name tag. Please see advanced notes @ http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
that says it's for multiple separate libraries on one database

That's not what I want I want one library with multiple users
Oh, well then you might want to use Profiles. Tried it yet?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
No Profiles are multiple users on one machine.

I have multiple machines and each machine would need it's own profile at database level.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid=840499
My ideal solution.

User profiles are stored in the database along with the library so that each profile is accessible from any machine using that database.

Each of these profiles would have a number associated with it

Watched status and resume points are stored in the in the database as usual but appended with the profile number of the profile that was watching it.

This way profiles would only see the watched status and resume points that belong to it but it would still see all files in the library.

Any user could load their profile on any machine using that database and know whas is watched and what is not
(2015-04-02, 11:07)Ned Scott Wrote: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid=840499

Thanks but I have no desire to have multiple databases cross referencing, this opens up too many avenues for bugs plus the machine I run this on was tailor built for it and has enough resources to do what I want without problem, throw cross referencing on there and it would cause issues.
Not possible at this point.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple users one mysql database0