• 115(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-10-06, 13:03)aracnoz Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 12:29)Razoola Wrote: Sure, I have zipped up a log here.

that's perfect, because you are using stremming contents ...

i think that i solved your issue

i also included some changes for internal filters to use lavfiters with http/https

so can you pls report if your problems with subs are solved and also if you are experiencing any improvements to play http stream contents

thx

http://www.mediafire.com/download/k2zk2d...am_sub.rar

I can confirm this has indeed solved my subtitle issue, thank you very much for such a quick fix on this. It will be hard for me to report other improvements though because I am so new to this player but I will report on any issues I find.
(2015-10-06, 09:48)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 03:21)Shogunreaper Wrote: Can someone help me, i hooked my tv up through an dvi-hdmi cord but i can't seem to get audio when playing videos in dsplayer kodi

in regular kodi it works fine, i'm using directshow merits with LAV on DSPlayer.

i can also get the audio to play to it in mpc and i can hear the GUI sounds.

Have you tried ReClock and set PCM and bitstream to WASAPI Exclusive?

I don't know what that is so no.

but i don't see anything about reclock in settings. Why would regular kodi work and not this one?
(2015-10-02, 22:30)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-10-02, 21:32)Uoppi Wrote: I think I've encountered a deinterlacing bug. Not sure if it's just madVR or perhaps DSPlayer resolution profile related or whatever:

1) Watch progressive video (doesn't matter whether 720p, 1080p or downscaled UHD).
2) After video ends, start interlaced SD video (SD profile set to auto detect or force video/film - basically any combination of deinterlacing settings).
3) Observe from OSD that deinterlacing doesn't trigger.
4) Stop and restart the same interlaced video.
5) Observe deinterlacing working ok now.

Win10 64bit, "everything" updated to the latest, GTX 960, Ivy Bridge Pentium.

Test again with an external media player such as MPC-HC. This may be a problem with madVR, not DSPlayer.

Yeah, definitely a detection problem with madVR. Interlaced detection works 100% however when tagging the file (or just the fokder) deint=Film or deint=Yes, depending on content.
(2015-10-06, 13:15)Bjur Wrote:
(2015-09-25, 12:12)*Roma* Wrote:
(2015-09-25, 11:53)Bjur Wrote: Hi Roma the profile doesn't work. The error in madVR is:

expected some sort of "and" or "or" statement

Fixed: (checked on madVR v0.89.2)
Code:
if (filePath == "*rtsp:/*") or (fileExt == "tsbuffer") or (fileExt == "ts")  "MediaPortal PVR profile"
else if (srcWidth = 1920) or ((srcHeight > 720) and (srcHeight <= 1080)) "1080p"
else if (srcWidth = 1280) or ((srcHeight > 540) and (srcHeight <= 720)) "720p"
else if ((srcWidth <= 960) or (srcHeight <= 540)) "SD"

Hi Roma. I have a question I hope you can help with:

Regarding the statement above. Is it possible to separate it further to also have 720p and 1080i Mediaportal PVR Profiles?
Code:
if ((filePath == "*rtsp:/*") or (fileExt == "tsbuffer") or (fileExt == "ts")) and ((srcWidth = 1920) or ((srcHeight > 720) and (srcHeight <= 1080))) "MediaPortal PVR 1080p profile"
else if ((filePath == "*rtsp:/*") or (fileExt == "tsbuffer") or (fileExt == "ts")) and ((srcWidth = 1280) or ((srcHeight > 540) and (srcHeight <= 720))) "MediaPortal PVR 720p profile"
else if (srcWidth = 1920) or ((srcHeight > 720) and (srcHeight <= 1080)) "1080p"
else if (srcWidth = 1280) or ((srcHeight > 540) and (srcHeight <= 720)) "720p"
else if ((srcWidth <= 960) or (srcHeight <= 540)) "SD"
I was able to get audio to play by switching it to the default device, but now video is messed up and always going really fast. Sometimes it plays fine othertimes i have to start and stop it a few times to get it working.
(2015-10-06, 12:27)XTrojan Wrote: I have a question of TV internal processing vs MadVR.

The new Samsung JS9500 series and LG OLED series have quite powerful internal processing, is it a match for MadVR or is MadVR just the clear winner by far?

It would depend on the type of scaling used by the TV. Seems pretty hard to believe a 4K TV could match the rendering ability of a dedicated graphics card such as the Nvidia GTX 980, the most powerful rendering hardware available.

NNEDI3 scaling to 4K could not be done by a 4K television, would be certain. So madVR would win.
(2015-10-06, 20:00)Uoppi Wrote:
(2015-10-02, 22:30)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-10-02, 21:32)Uoppi Wrote: I think I've encountered a deinterlacing bug. Not sure if it's just madVR or perhaps DSPlayer resolution profile related or whatever:

1) Watch progressive video (doesn't matter whether 720p, 1080p or downscaled UHD).
2) After video ends, start interlaced SD video (SD profile set to auto detect or force video/film - basically any combination of deinterlacing settings).
3) Observe from OSD that deinterlacing doesn't trigger.
4) Stop and restart the same interlaced video.
5) Observe deinterlacing working ok now.

Win10 64bit, "everything" updated to the latest, GTX 960, Ivy Bridge Pentium.

Test again with an external media player such as MPC-HC. This may be a problem with madVR, not DSPlayer.

Yeah, definitely a detection problem with madVR. Interlaced detection works 100% however when tagging the file (or just the fokder) deint=Film or deint=Yes, depending on content.

Support for madVR is found here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146228.
(2015-10-06, 17:10)Shogunreaper Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 09:48)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 03:21)Shogunreaper Wrote: Can someone help me, i hooked my tv up through an dvi-hdmi cord but i can't seem to get audio when playing videos in dsplayer kodi

in regular kodi it works fine, i'm using directshow merits with LAV on DSPlayer.

i can also get the audio to play to it in mpc and i can hear the GUI sounds.

Have you tried ReClock and set PCM and bitstream to WASAPI Exclusive?

I don't know what that is so no.

but i don't see anything about reclock in settings. Why would regular kodi work and not this one?

This is from the set-up guide linked on the first page:

ReClock

Installation Link: https://forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?85-ReClock

ReClock set-up will be kept simple. To be functional, ReClock must be selected as the audio renderer under DSPlayer Settings. The main benefit of ReClock is eliminating the frame drops that occur due to the framerate of the video (display) clock not perfectly matching the audio clock. This typically happens with 24Hz material that is actually rendered at 23.976 fps. A number of factors including the specific A/V equipment and GPU used can lead to reported framerates that differ by decimal places from the actual rate of consumption by the display. A reported 23.972 fps from the video clock, for example, can lead to one dropped frame per minute. These frame drops are clock corrections called clock jitter.

ReClock syncs the clocks by resampling the audio. The audio stream is unpacked as multichannel PCM and slowed down or sped up by inaudible amounts to match the required composition rate. With ReClock in place, dropped frames should be eliminated or reduced to one per hour at most.

Essentially, a properly configured set-up should match the images below. The link provided offers greater technical guidance if one desires it.

Note: ReClock recommends sending bitstreams as multi-channel PCM. However, WASAPI Exclusive passthrough bitstreaming is possible. I have used this configuration at 60Hz and 24Hz without any reported problems. Just remember to disable media speed correction. The trade-off involves tolerating the often imperceptible frame drops at the benefit of bit-perfect bitstreaming.

ReClock Detailed Set-up (with technical explanations):
http://www.ezoden.com/684/tutorial-htpc/15

(2015-09-15, 07:24)neeto33 Wrote: Has anyone got DSPlayer livetv with tvheadend on linux working?
If yes, what format is configured in tvheadend?
There are a lot of possible options in tvheadend and I'm loathed to try them all only to find it can't be made to work.
Hi,
I never saw a response to the above post, so I'm guessing the answer is no.
So where to start?
Which protocols work best for remote Live/recorded TV
(2015-10-07, 08:26)neeto33 Wrote:
(2015-09-15, 07:24)neeto33 Wrote: Has anyone got DSPlayer livetv with tvheadend on linux working?
If yes, what format is configured in tvheadend?
There are a lot of possible options in tvheadend and I'm loathed to try them all only to find it can't be made to work.
Hi,
I never saw a response to the above post, so I'm guessing the answer is no.
So where to start?
Which protocols work best for remote Live/recorded TV

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2058480

You can use MediaPortal TV-Server, ArgusTV or NextPVR - Guide
(2015-10-06, 14:06)Bjur Wrote: And when you want to use Emby with DSplayer is it really necessary to install the Emby Server and setup medias or just the skin? I have got it working without on local stuff but haven't testet on network shares.

Thanks Roma for the answer regarding profiles.

Regarding emby, is it really necessary to use the server version?
Bjur - why would you want the Emby variant if not for its server capability - just curious?
Hi steelman. Perhaps I have missed something, but I just sees Emby like a skin and since I already have fanart, nfo files etc I don't want emby meta scraper. I just want the skin like any other skins. Again perhaps I've missed something important which is why I don't realize what I should use a Emby server forSmile
Emby is a seperate programme (and a great deal more than a skin) entirely and definitely not needed. Emby provides a central database (similar to Plex) with several apps for various platforms (Android, Roku among others). They also have a Kodi app, but neither is needed to run either Kodi and/or DSPlayer.

I presume you must have gone to the Emby website to get it. Not sure whether the skins developed for Emby are standalone or require the server.
Yes, Emby could be considered a competitor to Kodi. Using a dedicated server on your media computer to organize your media may be preferable to allowing Kodi or a MySQL database do it. The content is accessed by using a remote client. Kodi can be an Emby client by using the Emby for Kodi add-on. I think this add-on is compatible with all skins, but some skins are better designed to work with the add-on.

Emby for Kodi works well with DSPlayer but requires path substitution is used for all sources. This is described in the set-up guide.

So, Emby/Plex are server/client applications, while Kodi is best described as a standalone media frontend/server.
  • 115(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47