• 306(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2017-03-20, 18:13)ashlar Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 15:16)vicmanpergar Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 15:05)ashlar Wrote: One question for who has made the jump to Kodi 17. Does the YouTube plugin now allow to select 1080p video streams?

Yes, only the 32bits version, that's the one i'm running.
Is that because there's no 64 bit version of the plugin (don't even know if that's a factor)?

Playing youtube videos in 1080p or 4k, work ok in Krypton (via dash) , using default player Kodi (videoplayer). When have time here I will test using dsplayer.

MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2017-03-20, 16:39)stoolzo Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 13:02)Cynwrig Wrote:
(2017-03-19, 22:02)stoolzo Wrote: make sure you havent turned on sync to playback to display off and full screen window enabled.

Play a movie, make sure its actually playing in 24p, also make sure you have audio setup correctly, this can cause sync problems.

Have you remembered to durn on DXVA hardware decoding in the DS PLAYER settings in KODI?

To see if its a MADVR setup issue disable the DSPLAYER player and use KODI internal player and see what happens

It works without problem when using the internal player. But the thing is I want to use madvr with my settings from mpc-hc, that was the whole point for using dsplayer. Best of two worlds, internal player and madvr with lav. There must be something else eating performance because it works flawless on mpc-hc with my settings and since they use the same codec pack.

I rather stay with mpc external than having to turn my madvr settings down.

Also it is set on dxva(copyback), can't find the vsync to playback to display off and full screen window enabled option though.

of course mate, I was only suggesting that as a diagnostic step, you must have something set wrong in DS, we've all been there, its just a case of finding it mate.

crack on Smile

To be honest I gave up on it. Tried every setting in dsplayer, as far as I could I put everything on tray icon setting so that it is identical to my mpc-hc setup.

The only culprit I can think of is xy subfilter I use the internal subtitle renderer on my mpc-hc and xy subfilter is not installed on it... it is for some reason installed on dsplayer. I can't find a way to disable it though..
(2017-03-21, 13:42)Wanilton Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 18:13)ashlar Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 15:16)vicmanpergar Wrote: Yes, only the 32bits version, that's the one i'm running.
Is that because there's no 64 bit version of the plugin (don't even know if that's a factor)?

Playing youtube videos in 1080p or 4k, work ok in Krypton (via dash) , using default player Kodi (videoplayer). When have time here I will test using dsplayer.

Thanks Wanilton. I'm really curious about this. The whole point would be to be able to scale low res videos using DSPlayer advanced scaling algorithms (madVR's, actually).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2017-03-21, 18:45)ashlar Wrote:
(2017-03-21, 13:42)Wanilton Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 18:13)ashlar Wrote: Is that because there's no 64 bit version of the plugin (don't even know if that's a factor)?

Thanks Wanilton. I'm really curious about this. The whole point would be to be able to scale low res videos using DSPlayer advanced scaling algorithms (madVR's, actually).

I couldn't replay Youtube videos using DSPlayer, only VideoPlayer, and I tried multiple times both, in kodi 16 and 17. I mean, I could play youtube videos on 16 using DsPlayer with more or less success, but only to 720p.
If someone comes up with a way of doing it from DsPlayer up to 1080p or more, I would be very interested as well.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
I tried installing a portable version on my machine. From what I see DSPlayer is not going to work with YouTube, without some serious work on the code. MPEG Dash passes info to LAV Splitter that LAV Splitter is simply incapable of handling.

We should try and find a way to work with this https://ys.3dyd.com/home/ but, again, I think it would mean re-working how the YouTube Kodi plugin works.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2017-03-22, 19:14)ashlar Wrote: I tried installing a portable version on my machine. From what I see DSPlayer is not going to work with YouTube, without some serious work on the code. MPEG Dash passes info to LAV Splitter that LAV Splitter is simply incapable of handling.

We should try and find a way to work with this https://ys.3dyd.com/home/ but, again, I think it would mean re-working how the YouTube Kodi plugin works.

And I find that difficult to get, I mean, the YT plugin own threat is usually full of their own problems, perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't think the dev would be very interested , seems to me he's really busy. What do u think?
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
(2017-03-22, 21:52)vicmanpergar Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 19:14)ashlar Wrote: I tried installing a portable version on my machine. From what I see DSPlayer is not going to work with YouTube, without some serious work on the code. MPEG Dash passes info to LAV Splitter that LAV Splitter is simply incapable of handling.

And I find that difficult to get, I mean, the YT plugin own threat is usually full of their own problems, perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't think the dev would be very interested , seems to me he's really busy. What do u think?
I think it depends... the filter I linked above takes the regular YouTube URL and plays it back according to settings in the filter itself. Theoretically, it might not be too hard to have an option that simply passes on the video url to DSPlayer to play it back. But I'm no programmer, unfortunately.
What happens now, from what I understand, is that the plugin accesses the video and does the filter's work before passing the stream to VideoPlayer. And DSPlayer is not able to understand that.
(2017-03-22, 22:15)ashlar Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 21:52)vicmanpergar Wrote:

I think it depends... the filter I linked above takes the regular YouTube URL and plays it back according to settings in the filter itself. Theoretically, it might not be too hard to have an option that simply passes on the video url to DSPlayer to play it back. But I'm no programmer, unfortunately.
What happens now, from what I understand, is that the plugin accesses the video and does the filter's work before passing the stream to VideoPlayer. And DSPlayer is not able to understand that.

If it's really that easy, would be worth it.
I mean, I'm happy with VideoPlayer 1080p for YT, after all, the YT video solution is not such a high quality one. But DSPlayer just... gives us more control. And this is always so interesting.
HTPC
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this, but I am getting an error message, "cannot connect to remote server". I changed the scrapers on my local videos from the movie db to IMDb, but something is still scanning the movie db, and I still get the error message. I went through my video folders, and nothing is selected to scan the moviedb. Some files are still trying to scan the moviedb. How do I stop this?
Is a dsplayer with Kodi 17.1 on it's way?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk
@powermarcel10

read post #4574 in this thread
(2017-03-23, 17:14)_Andy_ Wrote: @powermarcel10

read post #4574 in this thread
Great! Will check it out tonight..

BTW another question.. I'm using Madvr renderer, but it will only work when Kodi is running o the default monitor. When Kodi is used on a second monitor, it will not work. Does anyone knows a solution for this? I also like to use evr renderer, but that is not working anymore since Krypton. Anyone a suggestion?

any way to get the subtitles on / off toggle to remain as off?. I can turn them off and save them per movie but "save for all" doesnt work for some reason, any ideas?
(2017-03-25, 20:27)stoolzo Wrote: any way to get the subtitles on / off toggle to remain as off?. I can turn them off and save them per movie but "save for all" doesnt work for some reason, any ideas?
I have this problem as well
  • 306(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47