• 95(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-09-07, 21:11)aracnoz Wrote:
(2015-09-07, 19:33)ldavet Wrote: Hi, for some reason madVR isn't starting when DSPlayer starts playback. I've tried both versions 0.89 and 0.88.21 of madVR. I'm on Windows 10 with the latest Isengard 15.2 RC1.

I thought it was a madVR issue, but MPC-HC loads madVR just fine. The default player is DSPlayer.

you have to provide a full debug log, all instructions are at first page

http://pastebin.com/uvMLhd7E

The problem is that DSPlayer won't even run. If selecting a movie, it reverts to standard DVDPlayer. When I force select DSPlayer, the screen stutters for a few seconds and nothing happens afterwards.

EDIT: Hmmm, from searching around it seems DSPlayer and Emby Server don't like each other. A pity, really.
(2015-09-07, 23:03)*Roma* Wrote:
(2015-09-07, 22:35)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-09-07, 15:56)*Roma* Wrote: Isengard DSPlayer 15.2 RC1 - 06 September 2015 (9c30400)

Download: Isengard DSPlayer 15.2 RC1 EXE 06 September 2015 (PVR Test version)

New features for MediaPortal TV-Server and ArgusTV backends:
  • Live TV fast channel switching (don't stop timeshift)
    Don't stop an existing timeshift session when switching to a new channel. This makes channel switching faster.
    Regular channel switching will be used in cases of changing of stream url(SD<->HD channel switching or switching to channels with different audio/video streams)
  • Use UNC(=SMB) paths for Live TV
    UNC is faster with channel switching and video seeking.

ArgusTV Kodi Addon settings:
  • Set "Delay after tuning" greater then zero.

MediaPortal TV-Server Kodi Addon settings:
  • Set "Streaming method" to "ffmpeg".
  • Enable "Convert hostname to IP-address".

Enabling "Live TV fast channel switching"
advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <dsplayer>
    <fastchannelswitching>true</fastchannelswitching>
  </dsplayer>
</advancedsettings>

Enabling "UNC(=SMB) paths for Live TV":
MediaPortal users have to use modified dll for MediaPortal TVServerXBMC Plugin v1.10.0.128
Copy this file to "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins\TVServerKodi.dll"
I have created a pull request (not merged yet)

advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <dsplayer>
    <useuncpathsforlivetv>true</useuncpathsforlivetv>
  </dsplayer>
</advancedsettings>

Updated rules:

mediasconfig.xml rules:
Code:
<mediasconfig>
    <rules>
        <rule filetypes="mkv|avi|divx|ogm|mp4|mov|m4v|flv|m2v|mpeg|mpg|mts|m2ts|vob|bdmv">
            <source filter="lavsource" />
            <splitter filter="lavsplitter" />
            <video filter="lavvideo" />
            <audio filter="lavaudio" />
        </rule>
        <rule filetypes="wmv">
            <source filter="wmasfreader" />
            <splitter filter="wmasfreader" />
            <video filter="wmvideodecoder" />
            <audio filter="wmaudiodecoder" />
        </rule>
        <!-- You need Real Alternative in order to read real media files -->
        <rule filetypes="rmvb">
            <source filter="realsource" />
            <splitter filter="realsplitter" />
            <video filter="realvideodec" />
            <audio filter="realaudiodec" />
        </rule>
        <rule protocols="https|http" url="false">
          <splitter filter="lavsplitter" />                      
        </rule>  
        <!--  Rules for .ts files and ARGUSTV/MediaPortal timeshift and recordings UNC paths -->        
        <rule name="PVR" filetypes="ts" url="false" >
            <source filter="tsreader" />
            <splitter filter="tsreader" />
        </rule>
        <rule url="true" filetypes="tsbuffer" >
        </rule>
        <!-- Rules for rtsp stream  -->
        <rule protocols="rtsp">
        </rule>
        <rule url="true" protocols="rtsp">
        </rule>
    </rules>
</mediasconfig>

filtersconfig.xml
Code:
<filter name="tsreader" type="source">
    <guid>{B9559486-E1BB-45D3-A2A2-9A7AFE49B23F}</guid>
    <issplitter>true</issplitter>
    <osdname>MediaPortal File Reader</osdname>
</filter>

playercorefactory.xml
Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <rules action="prepend">
        <rule protocols="daap|rtv|rtmp|rtmpe|mms|rtp" player="DVDPlayer" />
        <rule name="PVR Radio" filename="pvr://channels/radio.*" filetypes="pvr" player="DVDPlayer"/>  
        <rule name="All Other" player="DSPlayer"/>
    </rules>
</playercorefactory>

DSPlayer Config XML Files

MediaPortal TsReader Filter for DSPlayer

Please post your feedbacks.

I can't understand what is going here. Which link is current? Do users still need to install TsReader Filter, or do they require a special version of DSPlayer?

Users that want to test new PVR features, have to install "Isengard DSPlayer 15.2 RC1 - 06 September 2015 (9c30400)" from aracnoz and replace kodi.exe with the one that i posted: "Isengard DSPlayer 15.2 RC1 EXE 06 September 2015 (PVR Test version)"

TsReader Filter have to be installed.

@roma: would like to test this with MediaPortal TV Server. But do you recommend installing MediaPortal latest v2 or v. 1 for this?
The link you provided to MediaPortal forum refers to v. 1.11 but there's a 1.12 and v. 2 available.
(2015-09-08, 09:25)ldavet Wrote: EDIT: Hmmm, from searching around it seems DSPlayer and Emby Server don't like each other. A pity, really.

yes it's not supported, i know that someone has found a workaround to make it work

anyway you should try to not use emby to see if you have a workable DSPlayer configuration.

@*Roma* i don't know if all your work on path conversion could be useful also for emby, (i really don't want to install server/client and learn how to use emby)
(2015-09-08, 10:11)aracnoz Wrote: anyway you should try to not use emby to see if you have a workable DSPlayer configuration.

I'd do that but I'm running server/client ATM. Would it work if I setup a MySQL server instead?
(2015-09-08, 00:11)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-09-07, 23:03)*Roma* Wrote: Users that want to test new PVR features, have to install "Isengard DSPlayer 15.2 RC1 - 06 September 2015 (9c30400)" from aracnoz and replace kodi.exe with the one that i posted: "Isengard DSPlayer 15.2 RC1 EXE 06 September 2015 (PVR Test version)"

So the TsReader Filter is not pre-installed with DSPlayer? Does this mean the link on the first page with instructions still applies?

TsReader Filter is pre-installed with DSPlayer, but the new rules are not included yet.
Users that want to test "UNC(=SMB) paths for Live TV" feature, have to use internal/external TsReader Filter with new rules that i posted.

External TsReader Filter rules:
Code:
<!--  Rules for .ts files and ARGUSTV/MediaPortal timeshift and recordings UNC paths -->        
        </rule>
        </rule>

Internal TsReader Filter rules:
Code:
            <source filter="tsreader_internal" />
            <splitter filter="tsreader_internal" />
            <video filter="lavvideo_internal" />
            <audio filter="lavaudio_internal" />
        </rule>
        </rule>

(2015-09-08, 08:47)hasenbolle Wrote: I think your method ConvertStreamURLToTimeShiftFilePath does return the wrong path. It does return the timeshift path of the server and not the unc path for the client.

My timeshift file is located on Z:\ on the server and this path will be returned to the client. But on the client there is no Z:\ drive of course. The method should return the unc path \\SERVER\Timeshift for example.

I fixed it by adding a net drive Z:\ that points to \\SERVER\Timeshift.

Can you have a look on it. Thanks in advanceSmile
I will check this.
What PVR backend do you use?

(2015-09-08, 09:38)Bjur Wrote: @roma: would like to test this with MediaPortal TV Server. But do you recommend installing MediaPortal latest v2 or v. 1 for this?
The link you provided to MediaPortal forum refers to v. 1.11 but there's a 1.12 and v. 2 available.
You need to install MediaPortal TV Server v1.12(last version), MediaPortal TV Server included in MediaPortal 1 V1.12.0
p.s You don't have to install MediaPortal client, you can select to install only the MediaPortal TV Server.

(2015-09-08, 10:11)aracnoz Wrote:
(2015-09-08, 09:25)ldavet Wrote: EDIT: Hmmm, from searching around it seems DSPlayer and Emby Server don't like each other. A pity, really.

yes it's not supported, i know that someone has found a workaround to make it work

anyway you should try to not use emby to see if you have a workable DSPlayer configuration.

@*Roma* i don't know if all your work on path conversion could be useful also for emby, (i really don't want to install server/client and learn how to use emby)
I don't know, I am not using emby Smile
(2015-09-08, 11:19)*Roma* Wrote:
(2015-09-08, 00:11)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-09-07, 23:03)*Roma* Wrote: Users that want to test new PVR features, have to install "Isengard DSPlayer 15.2 RC1 - 06 September 2015 (9c30400)" from aracnoz and replace kodi.exe with the one that i posted: "Isengard DSPlayer 15.2 RC1 EXE 06 September 2015 (PVR Test version)"

So the TsReader Filter is not pre-installed with DSPlayer? Does this mean the link on the first page with instructions still applies?

TsReader Filter is pre-installed with DSPlayer, but the new rules are not included yet.
Users that want to test "UNC(=SMB) paths for Live TV" feature, have to use internal/external TsReader Filter with new rules that i posted.

External TsReader Filter rules:
Code:
        </rule>
        </rule>

Internal TsReader Filter rules:
Code:
            <splitter filter="tsreader_internal" />
            <video filter="lavvideo_internal" />
            <audio filter="lavaudio_internal" />
        </rule>
        </rule>

(2015-09-08, 08:47)hasenbolle Wrote: I think your method ConvertStreamURLToTimeShiftFilePath does return the wrong path. It does return the timeshift path of the server and not the unc path for the client.

My timeshift file is located on Z:\ on the server and this path will be returned to the client. But on the client there is no Z:\ drive of course. The method should return the unc path \\SERVER\Timeshift for example.

I fixed it by adding a net drive Z:\ that points to \\SERVER\Timeshift.

Can you have a look on it. Thanks in advanceSmile
I will check this.
What PVR backend do you use?

(2015-09-08, 09:38)Bjur Wrote: @roma: would like to test this with MediaPortal TV Server. But do you recommend installing MediaPortal latest v2 or v. 1 for this?
You need to install MediaPortal TV Server v1.12(last version), MediaPortal TV Server included in MediaPortal 1 V1.12.0
p.s You don't have to install MediaPortal client, you can select to install only the MediaPortal TV Server.

(2015-09-08, 10:11)aracnoz Wrote:

I don't know, I am not using emby Smile
I'm using MediaPortal TV Server 1.12
Great aracnoz, thanks again for the ext sub pref setting!
(2015-09-08, 01:32)XTrojan Wrote: Anyone successfully gotten 23.976Hz on Nvidia cards?

And also Is it better to use above or below 23.976 when it comes to custom resolutions? No matter what i do i can't get a perfect pixel clock that matches 23.976Hz.

Might be silly, but first of all, is ur TV able to display 23.976? Cos mine is not, so i go fo 24p
If one of the elements in the chain is not able to do 23.976 i don't think u will obtain perfect 23.976.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
deleted.
(2015-09-08, 13:58)vicmanpergar Wrote:
(2015-09-08, 01:32)XTrojan Wrote: Anyone successfully gotten 23.976Hz on Nvidia cards?

And also Is it better to use above or below 23.976 when it comes to custom resolutions? No matter what i do i can't get a perfect pixel clock that matches 23.976Hz.

Might be silly, but first of all, is ur TV able to display 23.976? Cos mine is not, so i go fo 24p
If one of the elements in the chain is not able to do 23.976 i don't think u will obtain perfect 23.976.

Yes, i used Intel HD 4600 before for perfect 23.976 Playback.

Anyway, standard 23.970Hz setting from Nvidia does not work, Reclock will drop 15 "audio" frames at the beginning which will introduce audio skips.. The picture remains good but the audio will have skips.

The solution is to use a pixel clock a little above 23.976 as perfect 23.976 isn't possible cause the Nvidia retards doesn't allow us to input decimals.

When the frame rate is above 23.976 then the audio will instead get duplicated a few times (5times in a 2hr movie) and this really isn't noticeable compared to audio skips unless the framerate is way above 23.976Hz.

Note: if you're not using passthrough then nothing really is needed as ReClock will resample the audio instead of the drop/dupe method.

59/60Hz playback is otherwise perfect, though i'm not sure if my TV corrects the 3:2 pulldown as my TV has Cinema smooth but it's a bit old. Most modern TVs should be able to turn 3/2 pulldown into 5/5 (120Hz motion).
I noticed a bug I forgot to report.

The new DSPlayer installer reset my settings for Internal filters. I had to go through each one again.
(2015-09-08, 20:56)Warner306 Wrote: I noticed a bug I forgot to report.

The new DSPlayer installer reset my settings for Internal filters. I had to go through each one again.
I remember aracnoz said it was expected because he made changes to database in latest build.
Isengard DSPlayer 15.2 RC1 08 September 2015 UPDATE1 - (PVR Test version)
  • Fixed MediaPortal "RTSP to UNC" conversion function.

There is no need to set UNC paths in MediaPortal TV Server configuration, set UNC paths only in TVServerXBMC plugin.
madVR 0.89.2 available

Code:
madVR v0.89.2

* fixed: one more media player startup crash
* fixed: DXVA deinterlacing and black bar detection didn't like each other
* fixed: DXVA scaling had some problems with v0.89.0 and v0.89.1
* fixed: some media player size/pos zoom wishes were not properly applied
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
I'm still having issues with dsplayer bitstreaming DTS-HD and True HD to my receiver. The Avatar wityh DTS-HD doesn't even show up as an option in the audio stream menu even though Kodi shows it in the movie's info. For my True HD movie it should up in the audio stream menu but doesn't send any audio to my receiver. I tested this all out in MPC-HC and it works just fine. My DSPlayer config has to be the issue here. I took a couple of screen shots of the setting screens. Hopefully someone will be able to sort my situation out

I am running the latest DSPlayer 15.2 RC1 and the latest Madvr 0.89.2. Let me know if you need more info.
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47