• 93(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-09-07, 00:14)a5ian300zx Wrote: Ok,

renamed Kodi folder is appdata but even with new one still the same issue, I then uninstalled Kodi and reinstalled your version inc .pub file instruction back and still the same issue.

I have updated the intel gpu drivers drivers and still the same issue.

so I have had enough time messing about with it and wanted to change to Windows 10 any so I am doing a full clean install of Windows 10.

then I will install the version of Kodi on the first thread again and test once its working I will copy my appdata Kodi folder back and test again.

Will report back once I have finished.

Tried to copy your media file to empty folder and play from there. In my past experience there were times that DSPlayer won't play media files in my download folder. I found out that other files in folder caused the problem (usually zip/rar files with password). Not sure why but I guess it involved scanning subtitle / media from zip/rar file.

Not sure if it fixed recently because it became my habit to move file I downloaded to proper folder before playing it.
Ok still have the same issue after clean install and no plug ins loaded.

Oldpoem - the movie file are in a folder the the same name as the file and the meta data using metabrowser. I have tried it in folder with just a mkv or m2ts file and same issue.

I will upload a new log tomorrow when I get some time. I will also test on different device maybe my laptop or desktop but they both have Intel gpu. Laptop is windows 7.

My nuc has hd 5000 gpu but the issues seem to be that it is not even activatibg the dsplayer and directshow filters. Do I need to install any filters manually besides madvr, reclock?

Thanks all for all your help and advice so far.
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
(2015-09-07, 02:09)a5ian300zx Wrote: Ok still have the same issue after clean install and no plug ins loaded.

Oldpoem - the movie file are in a folder the the same name as the file and the meta data using metabrowser. I have tried it in folder with just a mkv or m2ts file and same issue.

I will upload a new log tomorrow when I get some time. I will also test on different device maybe my laptop or desktop but they both have Intel gpu. Laptop is windows 7.

My nuc has hd 5000 gpu but the issues seem to be that it is not even activatibg the dsplayer and directshow filters. Do I need to install any filters manually besides madvr, reclock?

if you choose internal filters you won't need too. (under settings, video, dsplayer)
(2015-09-06, 14:18)curael Wrote: Hi guys,

Any one using Next Up add-on with DS player? In Isengard DX11 release I cannot make the script run correctly, it works well with DVDplayer. I think something goes wrong between DS Player or madVR and Kodi when the script is telling to play next or stop playback. Anyways, the author said he'd be happy to help if you wanted to fix this as he's never used DS Player himself so.. I dunno, it's a great add-on, but right now it freezes Kodi when using it. It works up until the point where the next up pop-up ends it's countdown and then plays the next episode(black screen and then freeze).

Here's the link to the add-on thread,
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228435

Also, if you'd like any logs please let me know. I have no idea if it's DS Player or the script that fails. It would be really sweet to have it working as it's a really, really nice add-on for when watching series.

For the record, I have tried a plethora of different render settings in madVR to avoid this happening.. Different input for DXVA and/or for Presentation, DX11 presentation on/off, windows/exclusive mode.. Delay playback and so on.. It just doesn't work. Either it crashes when selecting to play instant in the add-on or it crashes when it just lets the count down end itself and tells Kodi to play next. So.. It can work like.. Half the time, in each way, lol.

Thanks.

I have Next Up working. The addon works fine if I manually select Play (next episode). However, I have experienced a black screen when an episode was allowed to finish and autoplay to the next.

I would suggest disabling the autoplay feature and instead skip to the next episode manually.
(2015-09-07, 02:09)a5ian300zx Wrote: Ok still have the same issue after clean install and no plug ins loaded.

For newly installed system, be sure to select internal filters under dsplayer menu and make sure you installed 32-bit version of madvr. Leave reclock for later just be sure to have basic dsplayer working is priority.

Did you run as admin all the install scripts (.bat) in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\players\dsplayer\LAVFilters folder?
(2015-09-07, 10:49)spiderben25 Wrote:

Did you run as admin all the install scripts (.bat) in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\players\dsplayer\LAVFilters folder?
No, I did not. I will do it when I get home.

Thanks
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
UPDATE: Isengard DSPlayer 15.2 RC1

06 September 2015 (9c30400)
  • Added the possibility to set up to three "Extra external filter" with the "Internal filters" configuration
  • Added TsReader (Mediaportal File Reader for DSPlayer) as internal filter (this it's also made possible thx to *Roma*)
  • Added the option to save internal DSPlayer madVR settings also for TvShow name
  • Added DSPlayer menu option to set preferred language for external subtitles
  • Added help text for DSPlayer menu options (this it's also made possible thx to Warner306)
  • Added error messages at playstart for Kodi in fullscreen exclusive-mode and unregistered madVR
  • Repositioned on top and Renamed the button to save internal DSPlayer madVR settings
  • Settings "Image Double" and "Deband" used by the KODI GUI now follow the madVR rules of the control panel
  • Fixed an issue with some Intel GPU that was causing the blinking of the Kodi GUI while madVR playback
  • General fixes for the internal LavFilters configuration
  • General improvements for madVR stability

Since some important changes are made to solve some bug in this release I decided to anticipate the publication because i would be sure that everything works for the upcoming official KODI 15.2 Final that should be the latest for Isengard, where i would only merge the remaining patches from the official Isengard branch (and some goodies from *Roma* for pvr users)

after that DSPlayer development will be stopped until Jarvis will reach the status of beta/final with the hope that will be later during the 2016

the most important changes for this release are the bugfix to improve the stability but there is also some new features

Added the possibility to set up to three "Extra external filter" with the "Internal filters" configuration
i noticed that most of you are using SVP that require ffdshow raw as external filter, it was impossible for you to use the internal filter configuration so i added the possibility to set up 3 external filter

Added the option to save internal DSPlayer madVR settings also for TvShow name
during these days while i was watching some tv series i had the need to setup all these new madVR settings in a differents way for each serie, not all 1080p/720p have the same quality
so i added the possibility to save settings for TvShow name, i also repositioned the save settings button on top because i had the feeling that some of the new user never found it, ignoring completly the option to have personalized profiles for each kind of media

link at first page
Right now i am downloading it
I did not run the set-up yet

But i thank you in advance
Thanks a lot, will try it soon! It would be great for you to have a donation button Smile

EDIT: btw, is it compatible with new madvr 0.89.0? I guess there will be GUI settings missing, but that's not big of a deal
Quote:madVR v0.89.0

* added new device "screen config" settings page
* added screen masking feature
* added support for anamorphic stretch
* added new processing "zoom control" settings page
* added automatic detection of black bars with lots of sub options
* fixed: DXVA deinterlacing sometimes produced "DXVA processing failed"
* fixed: profiles: scaling factor wasn't properly reported
* increased seek "black screen protection" to 2 seconds (formerly 1)
madVR 0.89 it's not compatible, there is a madVR crash at playstart i sent a pm to madshi for this
Ok, not a problem. Just tried your new build, looks very polished, everything is working as it should, including subtitle selection. Great job!
The following instructions are only for Isengard DSPlayer 15.2 RC1 (Isengard DSPlayer 15.2 and 16.0 Instructions)

Isengard DSPlayer 15.2 RC1 - 06 September 2015 (9c30400)

Download: Isengard DSPlayer 15.2 RC1 EXE 08 September 2015 UPDATE1 (PVR Test version)

Isengard DSPlayer 15.2 RC1 08 September 2015 UPDATE1:
  • Fixed MediaPortal "RTSP to UNC" conversion function.

New features for MediaPortal TV-Server and ArgusTV backends:
  • Live TV fast channel switching (don't stop timeshift)
    Don't stop an existing timeshift session when switching to a new channel. This makes channel switching faster.
    Regular channel switching will be used in cases of changing of stream url(SD<->HD channel switching or switching to channels with different audio/video streams)
  • Use UNC(=SMB) paths for Live TV
    UNC is faster with channel switching and video seeking.

ArgusTV Kodi Addon settings:
  • Set "Delay after tuning" greater then zero.

MediaPortal TV-Server Kodi Addon settings:
  • Set "Streaming method" to "ffmpeg".
  • Enable "Convert hostname to IP-address".

Enabling "Live TV fast channel switching"
advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <dsplayer>
    <fastchannelswitching>true</fastchannelswitching>
  </dsplayer>
</advancedsettings>

Enabling "UNC(=SMB) paths for Live TV":
MediaPortal users have to use modified dll for MediaPortal TVServerXBMC Plugin v1.10.0.128
Copy this file to "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins\TVServerKodi.dll"
I have created a pull request (not merged yet)

advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <dsplayer>
    <useuncpathsforlivetv>true</useuncpathsforlivetv>
  </dsplayer>
</advancedsettings>

Updated rules:

mediasconfig.xml rules:
Code:
<mediasconfig>
    <rules>
        <rule filetypes="mkv|avi|divx|ogm|mp4|mov|m4v|flv|m2v|mpeg|mpg|mts|m2ts|vob|bdmv">
            <source filter="lavsource" />
            <splitter filter="lavsplitter" />
            <video filter="lavvideo" />
            <audio filter="lavaudio" />
        </rule>
        <rule filetypes="wmv">
            <source filter="wmasfreader" />
            <splitter filter="wmasfreader" />
            <video filter="wmvideodecoder" />
            <audio filter="wmaudiodecoder" />
        </rule>
        <!-- You need Real Alternative in order to read real media files -->
        <rule filetypes="rmvb">
            <source filter="realsource" />
            <splitter filter="realsplitter" />
            <video filter="realvideodec" />
            <audio filter="realaudiodec" />
        </rule>
        <rule protocols="https|http" url="false">
          <splitter filter="lavsplitter" />                      
        </rule>  
        <!--  Rules for .ts files and ARGUSTV/MediaPortal timeshift and recordings UNC paths -->        
        <rule name="PVR" filetypes="ts" url="false" >
            <source filter="tsreader" />
            <splitter filter="tsreader" />
        </rule>
        <rule url="true" filetypes="tsbuffer" >
        </rule>
        <!-- Rules for rtsp stream  -->
        <rule protocols="rtsp">
        </rule>
        <rule url="true" protocols="rtsp">
        </rule>
    </rules>
</mediasconfig>

filtersconfig.xml
Code:
<filter name="tsreader" type="source">
    <guid>{B9559486-E1BB-45D3-A2A2-9A7AFE49B23F}</guid>
    <issplitter>true</issplitter>
    <osdname>MediaPortal File Reader</osdname>
</filter>

playercorefactory.xml
Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <rules action="prepend">
        <rule protocols="daap|rtv|rtmp|rtmpe|mms|rtp" player="DVDPlayer" />
        <rule name="PVR Radio" filename="pvr://channels/radio.*" filetypes="pvr" player="DVDPlayer"/>  
        <rule name="All Other" player="DSPlayer"/>
    </rules>
</playercorefactory>

DSPlayer Config XML Files

MediaPortal TsReader Filter for DSPlayer

Please post your feedbacks.
Hi, for some reason madVR isn't starting when DSPlayer starts playback. I've tried both versions 0.89 and 0.88.21 of madVR. I'm on Windows 10 with the latest Isengard 15.2 RC1.

I thought it was a madVR issue, but MPC-HC loads madVR just fine. The default player is DSPlayer.
So i'm back, now with a GTX 960.

Along comes more issues, apparantly 960 can't get perfect 23.976 playback.

I tried custom resolutions but it's still one frame dropped per 20min, anyone got a working custom res for Nvidia cards?

Edit: Reclock with bitstream + media correction = sometimes audio will have a "skip", so that doesn't fix it in 23Hz.

Does smooth motion + reclock work? I'm currently running at 59P with bitstreaming on + correction and so far no issues, but i would like to go back to 23.976.
  • 93(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47