• 305(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2017-03-19, 03:38)Cynwrig Wrote: When I use mpc-hc I got no stutter at all, but when I use my same settings with dsplayer it can't handle it. Lots of stutter, only smooth 3 seconds after pauzing then it runs slow again. Can someone give me advice please... I can't believe the gui is this performance heavy so it's probably something else.

Thanks in advance.

make sure you havent turned on sync to playback to display off and full screen window enabled.

Play a movie, make sure its actually playing in 24p, also make sure you have audio setup correctly, this can cause sync problems.

Have you remembered to durn on DXVA hardware decoding in the DS PLAYER settings in KODI?

To see if its a MADVR setup issue disable the DSPLAYER player and use KODI internal player and see what happens
(2017-03-19, 22:02)stoolzo Wrote:
(2017-03-19, 03:38)Cynwrig Wrote: When I use mpc-hc I got no stutter at all, but when I use my same settings with dsplayer it can't handle it. Lots of stutter, only smooth 3 seconds after pauzing then it runs slow again. Can someone give me advice please... I can't believe the gui is this performance heavy so it's probably something else.

Thanks in advance.

make sure you havent turned on sync to playback to display off and full screen window enabled.

Play a movie, make sure its actually playing in 24p, also make sure you have audio setup correctly, this can cause sync problems.

Have you remembered to durn on DXVA hardware decoding in the DS PLAYER settings in KODI?

To see if its a MADVR setup issue disable the DSPLAYER player and use KODI internal player and see what happens

It works without problem when using the internal player. But the thing is I want to use madvr with my settings from mpc-hc, that was the whole point for using dsplayer. Best of two worlds, internal player and madvr with lav. There must be something else eating performance because it works flawless on mpc-hc with my settings and since they use the same codec pack.

I rather stay with mpc external than having to turn my madvr settings down.

Also it is set on dxva(copyback), can't find the vsync to playback to display off and full screen window enabled option though.
Just came across this today re HDR content playback:

"Download this SDK from NVIDIA. I am running a GTX1050ti and did this.

https://developer.nvidia.com/hdr-display-sample

Run the run_hdr.dat file, it will launch full screen and have a picture of a meadow and mountains. This programs is the only method I have found to force my TV into HDR mode. From here alt-tab out of it and your TV will stay in HDR.

From there use MPC-HC and madVR with HDR setting set to passthrough. This is so far the only way I have been able to get HDR to work on a computer."

Works a treat with Kodi Dsplayer with MadVR.

All credit to AVSForum member z284pwr (original link https://goo.gl/vvBQ48 )

Wonder if Madshi could use this to trigger HDR mode for MadVR somehow.....

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
One question for who has made the jump to Kodi 17. Does the YouTube plugin now allow to select 1080p video streams?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2017-03-20, 15:05)ashlar Wrote: One question for who has made the jump to Kodi 17. Does the YouTube plugin now allow to select 1080p video streams?

Yes, only the 32bits version, that's the one i'm running.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2017-03-20, 13:02)Cynwrig Wrote:
(2017-03-19, 22:02)stoolzo Wrote:

Thanks in advance.

It works without problem when using the internal player. But the thing is I want to use madvr with my settings from mpc-hc, that was the whole point for using dsplayer. Best of two worlds, internal player and madvr with lav. There must be something else eating performance because it works flawless on mpc-hc with my settings and since they use the same codec pack.

I rather stay with mpc external than having to turn my madvr settings down.

Also it is set on dxva(copyback), can't find the vsync to playback to display off and full screen window enabled option though.

of course mate, I was only suggesting that as a diagnostic step, you must have something set wrong in DS, we've all been there, its just a case of finding it mate.

crack on Smile
(2017-03-20, 13:04)oldpainless Wrote: Just came across this today re HDR content playback:

Run the run_hdr.dat file, it will launch full screen and have a picture of a meadow and mountains. This programs is the only method I have found to force my TV into HDR mode. From here alt-tab out of it and your TV will stay in HDR.

From there use MPC-HC and madVR with HDR setting set to passthrough. This is so far the only way I have been able to get HDR to work on a computer."

K

WOW, this is actually a really big deal mate, good spot. Unfortunately though there is no current way to rip HDR movies and their meta data so this is only going to be useful for HDR demos.
(2017-03-20, 16:41)stoolzo Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 13:04)oldpainless Wrote: Just came across this today re HDR content playback:

K

WOW, this is actually a really big deal mate, good spot. Unfortunately though there is no current way to rip HDR movies and their meta data so this is only going to be useful for HDR demos.

Seems to work well for the BT2020 movies I've tried so far.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
you mean BT2020 demos?, if not which movies are you referring to as all none UHD blurays are BT709 are they not?
oh wait, there are a few HDR movies knocking about to "download" arent there Smile I'm going to have a look at this then.
bugger, just noticed this is NVIDIA only, i'll have to wait for the Windows 10 anniversary update which is supposed to have some sort of HDR onboard.
(2017-03-20, 15:16)vicmanpergar Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 15:05)ashlar Wrote: One question for who has made the jump to Kodi 17. Does the YouTube plugin now allow to select 1080p video streams?

Is that because there's no 64 bit version of the plugin (don't even know if that's a factor)?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2017-03-20, 18:13)ashlar Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 15:16)vicmanpergar Wrote:

That's because there's no 64 bit version of the plugin (don't even know if that's a factor)?

Guess so!
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
At github Krypton 17.1 is final. I hope aracnoz will release a new version of DSPlayer with new bug fixes / features as Krypton 17.1 is final but meanwhile i have merged the PRs from Krypton. If you like you can test/use my build.

Krypton DSPlayer 17.1 final my own build.
x86 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0jBz9...mkxMXpka0E
x64 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0jBz9...m9MT09SMEk
(2017-03-20, 17:43)stoolzo Wrote: bugger, just noticed this is NVIDIA only, i'll have to wait for the Windows 10 anniversary update which is supposed to have some sort of HDR onboard.

The correct version of windows is Creators Update.... that will come maybe for 11 April
  • 305(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47