Asus Chromebox OR Lenovo Q190 HTPC ?
(2015-04-03, 00:34)Stereodude Wrote:
(2015-04-02, 21:01)Bri1270 Wrote: ...I wanted the m.2 sata...
It's not a m.2 sata. It's mSATA in the BI320 Windows 8.1 w/ Bing.

Sorry you're correct.
As far as remotes/keyboards I have Logitech Harmony Smart Control as my controller,
and I have the Logitech K400R Wireless Keyboard as well.

Will these both work with the ASUS Chromebook And the HP Stream Mini?
I think I'm going to go with The ASUS Chromebox.

I want to Dual Boot Chrome OS and OpenElec.

How would I go about installing Openelec for dual boot On the Chromebox?
(2015-04-08, 00:12)tim348 Wrote: I think I'm going to go with The ASUS Chromebox.

I want to Dual Boot Chrome OS and OpenElec.

How would I go about installing Openelec for dual boot On the Chromebox?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Chromebox
So I bought Asus Chromebox with UBuntu already installed which was very convenient..
My only problem now is getting the screen size to fit my TV Properly!

For some reason in the DISPLAY settings its registering my 52 Inch Tv as a 47 Inch.
And no matter what resolution I set it to, it still cuts off the edges of the screen, mainly the menu bar at the bottom.

Any ideas on how to fix this? The only way I seem to be able to change anything with the screen resolution/size/settings is in the "Display" settings.
It is likely to be your TV cutting off the edges, not the Chromebox. You need to disable overscan in your TV. This is called different things on different models (Just Scan, Full Pixel, 1:1 - or in some cases "Picture Size" followed by a number), and on some models it happens if you relabel the HDMI input as "PC".

What TV do you have? You also need, ideally, to select the native resolution of your TV's panel (probably 1920x1080 on a 52" unless you've got a UHD set)
Its a Toshiba Regza 52" LCD from about 5 years ago.

Thanks Ill give it a shot.

Im also experiencing no audio which is weird. I have HDMI cable running From Chromebox to TV , yet no audio? whats up with that?
HDMI is supposed to combine video/audio.

Apparently this is a common issue , I was going to plug my Bose surround sound reciever directly into the coaxial port on the Chromebox but I realized my reciever is just an Optical Audio cable. I can buy an optical to coaxial convertor cable.. would this solve the problem?
My Chromebox doesn't have either a Toslink optical OR a Coax digital audio output. You need to use a USB sound card to get optical or coax out I think. I don't think any of the Intel Haswell-based Chromeboxes have digital coax or toslink optical outputs - just analogue 3.5mm + the audio over HDMI and/or Displayport.

However I'm surprised your Toshiba set doesn't accept HDMI audio. You have selected the HDMI audio device and 2.0 speakers and haven't selected pass through? (I'd start with the Chromebox decoding all codecs to stereo PCM in the first instance)
(2015-04-15, 01:55)tim348 Wrote: Its a Toshiba Regza 52" LCD from about 5 years ago.

Thanks Ill give it a shot.

Im also experiencing no audio which is weird. I have HDMI cable running From Chromebox to TV , yet no audio? whats up with that?
HDMI is supposed to combine video/audio.

Apparently this is a common issue , I was going to plug my Bose surround sound reciever directly into the coaxial port on the Chromebox but I realized my reciever is just an Optical Audio cable. I can buy an optical to coaxial convertor cable.. would this solve the problem?

get the Turtle Beach USB optical adapter linked in the ChromeBox wiki, it's what I use.
Thanks dude. Got the Screen to fit my TV also.
It was already set to PCM in volume settings.
How would I go about booting from USB with the Asus Chromebox? Do I have to unlock developer mode?

I want to make it so i can boot from USB every time , easily
You should really read the EZ install script thread and the wiki, both links are in Matt Devo's signature. In the thread there are even pictures of the script menu and detailed information of what each option does. Plus if you said you got the chromebox with ubuntu then the developer mode unlock is already done
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
(2015-04-15, 02:34)noggin Wrote: I don't think any of the Intel Haswell-based Chromeboxes have digital coax or toslink optical outputs - just analogue 3.5mm + the audio over HDMI and/or Displayport.
The Zotac BI320 (Haswell Chromebox) has Toslink optical hardware included.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1871938

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus Chromebox OR Lenovo Q190 HTPC ?0