Intel NUC HDMI-CEC Adapter from Pulse-eight.com
I saw this on my Facebook feed last night, https://www.pulse-eight.com/p/154/intel-...ec-adapter . Looks to ship on 4/20 and will work with any Intel NUC available for just a hair under $30, maybe a good option if you have a NUC without a IR receiver. I wasn't able to find any information past this site on the device though.
initial search didn't find any information on this, but after posting I did find a forum post for it http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=222980
Also doesn't work with all NUCs - only those with the Custom Solutions header. AIUI the most recent Broadwell NUCs don't have these...
it will work, you just need to attach the CEC pin to the connector directly (soldering)
https://www.pulse-eight.com/ - HDMI-CEC products for Kodi
(2015-05-01, 14:31)Malard Wrote: ..you just need to attach the CEC pin to the connector directly (soldering)
Confused I think most of us can't/won't do that.
(2015-05-01, 15:13)omnium Wrote:
(2015-05-01, 14:31)Malard Wrote: ..you just need to attach the CEC pin to the connector directly (soldering)
Confused I think most of us can't/won't do that.

Unfortunately. While I might be fine risking a $35 board with my soldering attempts, I simply am not prepared soldering around on my NUC board. Unless there is word from Intel that failed soldering is covered under warranty?

Edit: That said, if the next NUC has a CSH again, I'll surely be getting myself a few of these adapters then.
Does anybody have specific information where do I have to solder which cable?
Regards,
Dennis
The photo on the pulse 8 page seems to show it is pluggable.

Edit: in the small print ‘models that lack a CEC pin, may require soldering‘
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-05-17, 00:03)nickr Wrote: The photo on the pulse 8 page seems to show it is pluggable.

Edit: in the small print ‘models that lack a CEC pin, may require soldering‘

Yes - I believe the new Broadwell NUCs don't have a populated Custom Solutions connector, but there is a position on the board to solder one?
(2015-05-17, 15:13)noggin Wrote: there is a position on the board to solder one?

I bought a 5th gen NUC i3 and the internal HDMI-CEC adapter.
Plugging in the USB header wires isn't a problem, nor will soldering the CEC wires.
But where to plug the orange wire? It's for "Pwr Button" or power button.

The previous model had an extra set of headers next to the USB headers, but that's missing on the 5th gen NUC.

I already sent an e-mail to Pulse Eight, but don't expect to see a reply till Monday because of the weekend.
Hope I can help... the orange wire will go the the front panel header. This header should have a power switch pins ( two pins ). One will be "power in" and the other "ground", the orange wire will go to the "power in". I'll look and see if I can't find the board layout to identify the header.
Based on what I could find from here: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboard...035261.htm

It looks like there is only one main header no usb header now. so should be pin 6, I believe, the red colored section of the header ( header should be multi colored ).
Are you referring to C or G on the bottom of the board?
C is only a dual port USB header. Same as G.

The previous model had a separate block of headers which included the power button.

So, which pin 6 on which header block do you mean?
Header "C" should be front panel header not usb, unless I'm looking at the wrong nuc. "G" is a usb header but "C" should be front panel header... it would be old but not surprising if Intel didn't include that header for the front panel.

Oh, pin 6 is the 2nd pin over from the missing pin on the header.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC HDMI-CEC Adapter from Pulse-eight.com0