Android NEXUS Player - Boot to KODI and Lock KODI as only app running
Hello,

I got KODI 14.0 loaded onto my NEXUS player, but I cannot figure out how I can lock KODI to run all the time, and not be able to get out of it unless I "exit" KODI.

I also want to Boot to KODI at NEXUS start-up, and finally is there any IP command that can be used to launch KODI?

Thanks,

Joe-
Agreed - love to see how to do this. Did you ever figure it out?
There are some modified versions of Kodi, such as SPMC (wiki), which can be set as a "launcher". That will launch Kodi and then you can have Kodi not show any "programs" in the master lock (wiki), which will more or less prevent access to launching other Android apps.

Eventually, Kodi itself will gain this launcher feature (some minor stuff to work out first) and it won't require a modified version.
Well, problem with Kodi being a launcher is that if something goes wrong inside Kodi (bi due to dodgy addons), the user is basically stuck. Not a biggie for experienced users, but for newbies...
(2015-06-24, 08:16)Koying Wrote: Well, problem with Kodi being a launcher is that if something goes wrong inside Kodi (bi due to dodgy addons), the user is basically stuck. Not a biggie for experienced users, but for newbies...

I actually did just this on my nexus player and am stuck in kodi.... how do I get out?
Look at the Google Play Store and search for XBMC Launcher, it's a Launcher for Kodi. No more Leanback Launcher and direct start to Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NEXUS Player - Boot to KODI and Lock KODI as only app running0