Artic Zephyr Mod
Photo 
2015-04-08 update:

Hello,

As Jurialmunkey included the Weather Icons and gave me a tip to modify the transparency without apply a theme, find below the new version of my mod with only colors files modification:

I added more transparency and Orange color for Highlighted elements:

Screens:

watch gallery

The Orange Highlighting is Optional I also provide mod with original blue color.

To have this mod just unzip the 6 files into Kodi\addons\skin.arctic.zephyr\colors then choose the one you want under settings/skin/colours

Download: DroudModColor

PetitDroud

----------------------------------------------Previous Message-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I like this skin a lot but would like to have more transparency and don't like the weather icons.

So I did this mod with more transparency and more realistic weather Icons.

watch gallery

As Jurialmunkey provide 2 themes Square and Round I modified both.

Download:
DroudMod.xbt
DroudModSquare.xbt

After download copy the file inside the directory Kodi\addons\skin.arctic.zephyr\media\ then select it under seting/skin/theme

Jurialmunkey, if you disagree this mod, just tell me and I will remove it. If you agree, feel free to include it in your release (Like this I will not need to copy it after every skin update Wink

Petitdroud
How did you change the transparency? I'm interested in changing the transparency as well, but I don't care about the weather icons (I don't use weather).
(2015-04-03, 21:22)AbelToy Wrote: How did you change the transparency? I'm interested in changing the transparency as well, but I don't care about the weather icons (I don't use weather).

As you wish :

DroudModNoWeather.xbt
DroudModSquareNoWeather.xbt

PetitDroud
(2015-04-03, 19:47)petitdroud Wrote: Jurialmunkey, if you disagree this mod, just tell me and I will remove it.

No this is great. I completely encourage modding (and the skin is creative commons anyway).

I after looking at the pics, I actually think I prefer the more realistic icons. I've made a change on github to use them by default (without the need for a theme). There is now an options menu on the weather screen (pressing right/left to open it), and it can be switched back to the flat icons if desired. There are also a few other options in there now.

Also, I'm assuming you either removed the floor fade texture or reduced its opacity in order to achieve the transparency effect.
This can also be achieved with editing the colour theme.

<color name="FloorFade">BBdddddd</color>

^^ Just change the BB opacity value to a lower hex value to have greater transparency in the floor texture.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
This is nice. Is it possible (ie. easy) to apply the same transparency levels to menus, submenus, spotlight dialogues etc.?
Very nice!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I really like both changes!!! Keep work up!
Update!
See first post.

Petitdroud
Is it possible to have icons without label on home menu? I've put the RSS field on home with a large font and I would like to get rid of them...
And how to archive your weather modded panel? The stock one has 6 columns but I prefer this one with a big header...
Which value do you need to change to adjust the transparency of the home screen?
(2015-04-04, 02:52)jurialmunkey Wrote: Also, I'm assuming you either removed the floor fade texture or reduced its opacity in order to achieve the transparency effect.
This can also be achieved with editing the colour theme.

<color name="FloorFade">BBdddddd</color>

^^ Just change the BB opacity value to a lower hex value to have greater transparency in the floor texture.
I believe this is what I have been trying to find out. Will this allow me to change the transparency of the gradient that's used in vertical view? Where is this value located?
hmm im on a qnap nas and i cant have access to the actual folders, how could i try it?

Actually i do have access to em, just found out that with a ftp software i can also see hidden files!Thats great. Thanks for the awesome mod.
To change the bottom black bar "floor" transparency do the following:

ES File Explorer:
•select LOCAL dropdown menu
1) Android
2) data
3) org.xbmc.kodi
4) files
5) .kodi
note: make sure you have "show hidden files" ON under TOOLS dropdown menu
6) addons
7) skin.arctic.zephyr-master (it could possibly just say the same without the "master")
8) colors
9) Choose whichever "xml" you use in APPEARANCE - COLOURS
- I will select Dark w/ Dark
10) Select the top RH corner icon that has what looks like a paper w/ a pencil writing on it.
11) You will see (it's not extremely noticeable at first but it's there) a blinking cursor (it's a straight vertical line)
12) Scroll down to 2nd to last line item (if using an edit tool like QuickEdit, it's line item#24)
<color name="FloorFade">BF181818</color>
13) Move the cursor over an erase the "BF" and replace with your choice below:

HEX OPACITY VALUE
100% — FF
95% — F2
90% — E6
85% — D9
80% — CC
75% — BF
70% — B3
65% — A6
60% — 99
55% — 8C
50% — 80
45% — 73
40% — 66
35% — 59
30% — 4D
25% — 40
20% — 33
15% — 26
10% — 1A
5% — 0D
0% — 00

14) When you change those 2 alpha numbers hit your BACK button on your remote
15) Popup box will then ask if you want to save and choose YES

Now when you go back to your build hit REFRESH or just go to APPEARANCE then COLOURS and select Dark with Light....then select the Dark with Dark which is what we changed.

Back out to home screen and there you go!

TIP: Anytime I change something like this I usually copy that original file first (in this case the Dark with Dark.xml) and paste it somewhere you can retrieve it.
Okay I installed this, I like it but where the heck are you getting those beautiful pictures for the weather? I assume you have the background for weather set to "Multi-Image"? Do you have a link to those pictures?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. Didn't see those Multi-Image weather options before. Somehow missed it the first time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artic Zephyr Mod1