Solved Weirdness on my network
I have a RaspBMC running on a B+ in my bedroom that connects over Ethernet to my main HTPC server running XMBC Gotham, with ripped CDs, DVDs and Blu-Rays plus a Ceton InfiniTV4 card for live TV (ServerWMC).

I've got UPnP enabled on both devices.

I added the movies under 'video' and at times I can see the movies and poster art, and DVDs play fine (although Blu-Rays just went to blank screen, separate issue). However, sometimes I get a 'MAC discovery failed' message and when I try to play a move I get a 'Cannot connect to server' message.

I tried to connect to my music collection the same way I handled videos (UPnP, select XBMC, select 'Music', go) -- and cannot even see the albums, music or artists.

Any help would be appreciated and I'll chase the Blu-Ray issue after this basic stuff is resolved.

Thanks in advance!
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
Sounds like your Pi doesn't have a network connection.

Check the System Information page in Kodi to determine your link status, and if you have a network IP address, gateway, DNS etc.

A debug log (wiki) might show something.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Milhouse -

Thanks for the quick reply - it does, as it can see the main HTPC for the channel guide and recorded TV folder (playing that stuff is a different story, chasing via separate thread).

Or am I missing something?
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
Can you ping your Pi, or connect to it with ssh while it is unable to connect to your server? Maybe the problem is with the server, or your router.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Yes, I can see the Pi and ping it from both the main HTPC and another WinXP laptop on the network. I'm at a loss.

EDIT: I was able to connect and watch DVD images during the above -- so next time I get the 'unable to connect to server' message I'll try to ping from other machines.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
So - I downloaded OSMC onto a new MicroSD chip and viola - Live (and recorded) TV and Movies work. I have a separate issue with music files that I'll chase via a separate post. Thanks to everyone who helped.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weirdness on my network0