Location of movie file on right click
So I am in this tree:
Home screen / movies / fanart view / click on a movie thumbnail.
Then AHAA this is the movie I want to watch, but NOT ON KODI PLAYER!
Soooo, I have to exit Kodi / go to windows explorer / remember the movie name and hope my file-name is similar / right click / send to / flash drive....
Hmm, you can see the need. (I hope)
I want to right click somewhere in Kodi, like on the thumbnail of the movie that looks good, and choose to send the file to my flash drive (i.e. have the context menu per windows pop up available, or at the very least be able to 'locate the file in windows explorer'.
On many skins the info screen shows the full path to the file. There is also the file manager which may be useful to you.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
totally doable with the new context menu addons (one has to be written).
I don't care for the many skins. When I am in my thread as referred to above, i do not want to have to switch out my view to access another process to achieve the same thing. That is simply not logical...
as ironic_monkey has said - it's possible to add such a context menu item by writing a context menu addon. Do you mind if I move this feature request to the addon development section to get the attention of the python devs that could help you with writing such an addon (or write it for you)?

edit: using an addon for this is our suggested solution, because your usecase is not very common as Kodi is intended to be used as media center and not desktop player.
You dont care for the many skins? Good news, its already there with the default skin.
Two clicks
Right click .....movie info......suprise! There it is.

It cant get much more basic than that. If you want something different then what the developers have eaisly provided, you're on your own!
Fishoil I obviously know which directory the movie is in - i added the directory in the first place... I want to be able to 'send to' in a context menu by right clicking or such, per what da-anda is talking about, WITHOUT having to search a directory outside of the program.
"Location of movie file on right click"

Feel free to change the title.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Location of movie file on right click0