Win Location of default mouse pointer images
I would like to change the colour of the default mouse pointer image. I have read on the forum that the pointer image is located in the media folder for the skin you have chosen for Kodi. I cannot locate these image (.png) files. I was able to find examples of them on GITHUB so I could alter them but I cannot get Kodi to see them. I dropped them in the media folder for the skin I'm using (Aeon Nox Gotham Plus (Aeon Nox v4.1.9 Gotham)) but Kodi uses the default one with the green colour. If I could just figure out where the default one is located I could just swap them out but I cannot find them anywhere. Any help finding these images would be greatly appreciated.

Apparently the file names are: pointer-focus.png, pointer-focus-click.png, pointer-focus-drag.png, pointer-nofocus.png

I have made sure the pointer.xml file is pointing to the correct image names and I am aware that they are case sensitive.

This is one of the image files I am looking for. On my system this image is not located in the Confluence Skin folder as it's shown on GITHUB.

pointer-focus.png image file

Version: Kodi 14.2

System: Windows 7 Home (64 bit) SP1

Thank you in advance for any help that can be provided. Smile
LOL Well, of course, as soon as I post the help request I find a solution.

Still couldn't find the default pointer image location(s).

What I did was rename the altered image files I created (added the word "blue") and then made sure to change the names in the pointer.xml file for my skin to the same name(s). Once I did that Kodi found them no problem and showed me the altered pointers. Looks great.

Here they are if anyone wants to use them.

I hope this helps anyone having the same issue.
If you are looking to modify the original cursor you will have to use the Kodi Texture Tool. Post and download link located here.

Once you download the program de-compile "texture.xbt" located
~\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\[Currrent Skin]\media
Find the cursor located in the 'cursor' folder.
Replace the PNG cursor File with the one of your choosing.
Re-compile and place new texture file back in it's place.

Just make sure if you do this you back up your original file. I did this by renaming my original to TexturesBAK.xbt.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply.

As mentioned before the pointers are not in their correct location as either .png or .xbt files.

I pretty much fixed the problem already as outlined in my second post.

Again, thank you. It's appreciated.

Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Location of default mouse pointer images0