Win Set top box PVR options?
First off, apologies for my ignorance. I am forced by my HOA (don't get me started on how much I HATE HOAs) to use a TV provider that is local, not a major provider such as Comcast, etc. It is a TV over IP service with set top boxes. They've provided me with a link where I can supposedly get guide data to will match the service I get. Here's the question, since it's IP TV, is there any apps out there that I can use to stream the data directly to my PC? (They say there isn't.) Or, what tuner should I purchase for my HTPC that my set top box can plug into HDMI and then use IR blasters to control it? I also do over the air and plan to use an HD Homerun for that function, but I don't think it can do what I need for the IP TV set top box. I would like dual tuner (so I can connect 2 of their IP TV set top boxes) to a unit so I would have 4 total tuners for PVR with Kodi. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Just an FYI, I am a long time Windows Media Center user, finally moving off to Kodi since my house burned down and all my Xbox 360's that were my extenders are toast. It would seem stupid to re-invest in a dead format, so thus the move to Kodi and the ignorant questions :-)

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set top box PVR options?0