Win [SOLVED] can't uninstall DVBLink addon -Kodi14 upgrade
Hello,
I recently upgraded from xbmc gotham to Kodi 14. Of many benefits of doing so, one I was hoping for was that the darn DVBLink add-on would finally go away; I installed it years ago and never used it. Now that HDHomerun has their new PVR client for xbmc, I'd like to try it out, but the darn DVBLink addon keeps taking over whenever I activate LiveTV, and no other PVR addon can work. If I deactivate it, the other addon will work, but when I re-boot, DVBLink reactivates. The only way to keep it from reactivating is to not enable LiveTV. I tried uninstalling it many, many times, and it just won't go away.
EDIT: Sorry, I'm running Kodi14.2 on Windows7, if that matters.
Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks...
Bump... 2 days. Nobody? "Bueller?"
Go to %APPDATA%\Kodi\userdata\addon_data and delete every folder that starts with "pvr" and that are not the addon you actually want to use. That should keep them disabled without uninstalling them.
(2015-04-10, 15:39)negge Wrote: Go to %APPDATA%\Kodi\userdata\addon_data and delete every folder that starts with "pvr" and that are not the addon you actually want to use. That should keep them disabled without uninstalling them.
Thanks. I'll try that out.
What if I *want* to actually uninstall them? I'd rather not have that addon at all. I've tried uninstalling it and it won't go away.
OK I went to the appdata folder as suggested, but the only pvr item there was the pvr.wmc addon.

DVBLiink was not there. Yet, every time I reboot Kodi it has re-enabled itself, despite me "uninstalling" it every time.

Any other ideas?
Thanks...
Post a debug log (wiki).
As a last resort, you can delete the addon from C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\addons.
I'm now away from home, so can't put a debug log up for a few days. However, the curious thing is that the DVBLink addon doesn't even appear in C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\addons at all!!! I'm wondering now if there might be some part of the DVBLink software that I (unknowingly?) installed in Windows back when I was trying out this addon, that causes it to be automatically re-installed in XBMC/Kodi with each restart.
Do you have any other PVR addons in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\addons"?
Just PVR.WMC, the windows media center pvr add-on. But I deleted it.
(2015-04-14, 07:02)negge Wrote: As a last resort, you can delete the addon from C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\addons.

My mistake, when I first responded to this post I thought you were again referring to the programdata, not the program files folder.

Indeed, there was a DVBLink folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\addons, and deleting it solved the problem.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] can't uninstall DVBLink addon -Kodi14 upgrade0