Kodi Dsplayer add to official branch and big fix request
Star 
i know kodi devs are busy as all hell , but ive got a big favor to ask of you guys , so ok heres the most recent kodi dsplayer thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1975302

and as you can see theres quite a few people that use it and would like it to be integrated with the official build , common guys lets do this for maximum enjoyment of our media

btw theres a big issue as of currently with the latest kodi dsplayer madvr build , that is OSD and GUI elements have tons of lag , for information to the lag please check the above kodi thread and this doom9 thread

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=...ost1716295

, im hoping kodi devs can fix this with aracnoz and madshis help , and then think about integrating dsplayer build into the official branch , this has been a long time coming guys
From what I understand when the topic was last raised, there is no chance of DSPlayer of ever making into mainline Kodi without fundamental changes, this is why it was abandoned by the original devs.
i see, thats a damn shame cause dsplayer deserves some love and proper consideration, even when only for windows , i know kodis aim is multiplat , but the dsplayer builds functionality is designed to be optional ,meaning you could enable dsplayer functionality or simply enable kodis defaults , i recon would be the way to go, to get dsplayer official build integration , anyway can some kodi devs check out the issue in order to solve this , its a major issue on ones playback OSD fluidity and general media experience during playbacks GUI fluidity , id appreciate it
The code is simply not in an acceptable state to be considered merging iirc.
Then comes the fact who's going to maintain it after it has been merged. If no one maintains it, it will break and be removed.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
ah yes ive heard this from tiben20 about the code not being in an acceptable state, i dont get it what isnt acceptable about the code and about maintaining , id recon making aracnoz the main maintainer and then following recruitment from the dev team for it would be the way to go to keep this great feature in, hell wheve already started trying to figure out the OSD lag and fixes for it in the last few days...
btw ive noticed theres no x64 build of kodi as of yet , whys that , id recon this would increase performance nicely , not to mention id appreciate it and my x64 videoplayback setup over here , yes madshi has released the last piece in the puzzle , he released x64 build of madvr , now we have all the components except for kodi running in x64 native , thanks alot
Even if DSPlayer is never merged, it would be nice if someone donated some resources to aracnoz, who is operating on his own. DSPlayer is very stable at this point but could benefit from some additional testing. He is the only one with programming skills attempting to fix bugs not present on his test system. I know it is challenging to catch everything with a team of one.

The incentive to keep DSPlayer alive relates to the fact it is now able to offer a very different experience than standard Kodi. This is especially true with the recent inclusion of madVR and XySubFilter. I would consider this branch to be a high-end version of Kodi for that reason, which is ideal for those with dedicated HTPCs with extra processing power that is wasted on DXVA rendering. It is nice to be able to have additional options. Kodi now has something comparable to Emby Theater.
i agree with that +1
is kodi x64 somewhere in the roadmap? maybe v16Nod
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
Kodi x64 for Windows in not on the foreseeable roadmap as there's issues getting x64 versions of the libraries we depend upon to work, besides which it will offer little benefit.
this myth about 64bit needs to die. x64 is more than a larger memory space. multimedia applications in particular benefit greatly from 32 instead of 7 registers.
(2015-04-14, 10:13)ironic_monkey Wrote: this myth about 64bit needs to die. x64 is more than a larger memory space. multimedia applications in particular benefit greatly from 32 instead of 7 registers.

Also x64 versions gets a lot more attentions (and a lot more optimizations), especially in ffmpeg. On my pc pure ffmpeg hevc decoding is 35% faster on x64 version and vp9 is (after all the recent 32 bit optimizations) still 20% faster on 64 bit ffmpeg
yes but it gets zero attention for a couple of our dependencies - at least for windows Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-04-15, 01:03)Memphiz Wrote: yes but it gets zero attention for a couple of our dependencies - at least for windows Wink

Sure I think noone is questioning that. Only the "little benefit" Smile
Out of curiosity, what are the dependencies having issues with win64?
IIRC, even an arm64 for droid works, so I'd assume at least our common dependencies are all 64bits enabled...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Dsplayer add to official branch and big fix request1