Kodi Dsplayer add to official branch and big fix request
here is http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=145172 thread with progress on x64 port.
ios 64bit works too in theory - long life unified depends Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
guys , this guy was already working on x64 kodi apparently , not sure whats his status thou, hmmm....

update:
see afedchins above link

btw, thanks guys for chiming in on the x64 kodi build not being of any benefit, which is downright wrong to anyone that knows x64 codebase and its improvements it brings arcoss the board , and after all these years that xbmc/kodi has been released and considering the time x64 has been released to the market , im simply suprised this hasnt been worked on years ago
the real problem is that windows dependencies are downloaded as binaries. i have drafted the solution (cmake based dependencies for windows), montellese has done a few small steps using it.
Also stating that it hasn't been worked on for years is just stupid. We have working compiles for 64bit linux, 64bit osx, 64bit ios (not mainlined) and as of koying even 64bit android. Only because its not available for windows doesn't make us the lame guys who didn't work on it.

You get the proper windows devs which have balls and time to work on and it will happen ... without that - just stfu now.

Disclaimer: This is not a team kodi response. Its my personal response because i am really annoyed of all this "i want this and want that and can't believe that you didn't work on it".
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I think getting it working is not that far off, the big amount of work is to get the build system in shape to be able to actually maintain it
The janitor, cleaner of cruft, defender of style. Also known as the unfunny guy that doesn't understand signatures.
(2015-04-16, 10:35)Memphiz Wrote: Also stating that it hasn't been worked on for years is just stupid. We have working compiles for 64bit linux, 64bit osx, 64bit ios (not mainlined) and as of koying even 64bit android. Only because its not available for windows doesn't make us the lame guys who didn't work on it.

You get the proper windows devs which have balls and time to work on and it will happen ... without that - just stfu now.

Disclaimer: This is not a team kodi response. Its my personal response because i am really annoyed of all this "i want this and want that and can't believe that you didn't work on it".

well thats great to know youve been working on linux , osx , ios and android x64 builds , well windows is as of yet still the main PC OS platform of choice next to linux , so yes x64 build of kodi for windows is required , thats unless you dont see windows users as a large part of kodi community , and about getting windows devs , sadly that would have to be a task for team kodi since i dont know of any , you guys have much better connections than i do, and about

your being annoyed at my so called i want this and i want that , wrong again , im just stating my opinions thats all, not have i implied even once that you guys was even in the slightest lame , so lets not go there ok , what you guys do for us media center lovers is invaluable and we all appreciate it alot and i mean it im just putting up the next step for kodi on windows platform that it has to go in order to further evolve, having kodi for windows platform stuck on x86 limbo isnt helping it advance at all i recon you understand this point

@Paxxi sounds like good stuff
(2015-04-17, 00:46)hentai23 Wrote: having kodi for windows platform stuck on x86 limbo isnt helping it advance at all i recon you understand this point

Please honestly tell me one thing that you can't do with kodi on Windows (which has plenty of ressources - thats something i take as a fact for windows users nowadays) because its not 64bit.
+1
It can be argued that x64 would be more efficient, but I would be surprised that there would be something that can be done on, e.g., linux64 that can't on win32.

Reminds me of people crying for Kitkat on android boxes for no other reason than "it's more modern"
(2015-04-16, 11:00)Paxxi Wrote: I think getting it working is not that far off, the big amount of work is to get the build system in shape to be able to actually maintain it

Karlsson2k was doing a lot of work towards a better x64 Win-build system. For Win, more viable is a Directx11 upgrade.

(2015-04-17, 11:04)Memphiz Wrote:
(2015-04-17, 00:46)hentai23 Wrote: having kodi for windows platform stuck on x86 limbo isnt helping it advance at all i recon you understand this point

Please honestly tell me one thing that you can't do with kodi on Windows (which has plenty of ressources - thats something i take as a fact for windows users nowadays) because its not 64bit.

Nothing.
But it's about x64 being better than x32, specifically for HTPC usage. See the example about HEVC decoding. And yes, users do request stuff like this.
(2015-04-17, 11:04)Memphiz Wrote: Please honestly tell me one thing that you can't do with kodi on Windows (which has plenty of ressources - thats something i take as a fact for windows users nowadays) because its not 64bit.

Decode HEVC with lower CPU utilization
(2015-04-17, 11:04)Memphiz Wrote:

gladly , just one , that would be besides the big improvement on the HEVC decoding end , the better usage of system resources in general allowing it for a performance boost across the board as said , not sure why i have to repeat myself but there you have it , im suprised you ask me for an example you guys should know this better than i do

(2015-04-17, 11:40)Koying Wrote: +1
It can be argued that x64 would be more efficient, but I would be surprised that there would be something that can be done on, e.g., linux64 that can't on win32.

Reminds me of people crying for Kitkat on android boxes for no other reason than "it's more modern"

again has nothing so called "different" its the performance difference in general and how resources get used compared to x86

and thanks to the others for chiming in as well on the questions left by the devs, its really ironic i get asked about the advantages of x64 when you guys , kodi dev team , have implemented x64 builds for all other platforms except windows , if x64 was so much of a niche usage then why implement it in the first place on the others ?
Guys, you realy think what Team Kodi doesn't want to do x64 version for Win? Believe me, if it that easy it would have already done so. But in same time you should understand that we do all possible to make Kodi better and better, day after day. Not all what you want we can do instantly
(2015-04-19, 11:01)afedchin Wrote: Guys, you realy think what Team Kodi doesn't want to do x64 version for Win? Believe me, if it that easy it would have already done so. But in same time you should understand that we do all possible to make Kodi better and better, day after day. Not all what you want we can do instantly

Righto, and don't forget: We're doing this for fun in our - sometimes spare - free time.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-04-19, 10:41)hentai23 Wrote: thanks to the others for chiming in as well on the questions left by the devs, its really ironic i get asked about the advantages of x64 when you guys , kodi dev team , have implemented x64 builds for all other platforms except windows , if x64 was so much of a niche usage then why implement it in the first place on the others ?

There aren't 64 bit android builds yet AFAIK even though the tegra SoC line already has a few 64 bit chips

Also realize they asked those questions to make anyone who offered an answer look foolish Wink . . . okay let me say that nicely instead . . . they asked those questions to see if anyone knew of any legitimate reason for wanting an x64 version of Kodi for windows.

Madshi didn't bother with x64 himself as there was no legitimate reason for it until hevc decoding. More bits isn't always better Wink We just happen to be to a point where a specific use case can benefit from it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Dsplayer add to official branch and big fix request1