RSS news-feed scrolling speed option, and/or presets for different resolutions
Hi,

I noticed that the higher the display resolution of xbmc , the slower the news are scrolling, especially in 1080i. I guess it is because xbmc has a static speed of pixel/sec to display the news, so it would be very useful to have an option to change it according to the display resolution.
I can only agree, comparing 480p to 720p. It seems much slower now, and I can imagine 1080 being so slow you can spell every letter Wink
Really got to agree on that the scroll speed of everything needs to be upscaled when using 720p and 1080i its gets painfully slow
I've changed it in CVS. Please test it out.

It now runs in PAL at 50 pixels/second (1.0 pixels/frame) or takes 14.4 seconds to traverse the screen.

In 720p it should also now take 14.4 seconds to traverse the screen.

I have a feeling the scrolling won't be quite as smooth because of this, but please test.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

[quote=jmarshall]I've changed it in CVS. Please test it out.

It now runs in PAL at 50 pixels/second (1.0 pixels/frame) or takes 14.4 seconds to traverse the screen.

In 720p it should also now take 14.4 seconds to traverse the screen./QUOTE]Cool Cool ...but what about 1080i?, same 14.4 seconds there to now? Huh
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
jmarshall, PAL at 50 pixels/second? What about PAL60 mode? Wink Might be causing it to not be smooth there. Will test when I get a chance
tnx
- 03-10-2006 changed: Scrollspeed of RSS feeds the same in all resolutions.

that clear enough for you? Wink
Actually I testest this for him on irc and in 1080i it took 25 seconds to get accross the screen because it only runs in 30fps but it used to take 55 seconds and in 480p it runs at 60fps so goes real fast Smile
yeah, it will be dependent on fps - it always was.

the alternative is a skipping rss which some ppl in team think is worse (me not included).
Thanks for the nice improvement on fast scroll which I can see is smooth in 1080i, but I feel I still need it to scroll faster as I can read pretty fast the news. btw is it possible to have an option for the user to set a custom speed ?
jpnn80 Wrote:btw is it possible to have an option for the user to set a custom speed ?

I second this. Some people will want it slow, faster readers will want it fast. Would be a nice little option.
After 2.0.1 we'll throw it in (scroll speed will be settable in anything that scrolls)

is it possible to send & add a rssfeed to xbmc from a webpage on my laptop almost like the extension that was made for media urls but just for rssfeeds.
would xbmc allow such thing, would be easier than editing the xml file all the time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RSS news-feed scrolling speed option, and/or presets for different resolutions0