Fullscreen problem
Hi. I'm having full screen problems on a Dell Precision M4800, QHD+ screen, Intel Core i7 4900MQ, NVIDIA Quadro K2100M, 15.6" with latest NVidia drivers. The image is shown as in screenshot (On top, small and mirrored). I tried hardware and software decoding and the problem remains. Kodi 14.2 and below

Thanks

What does windowed mode give? Check your gfx card settings for size.
Reset to default for both: Settings>video>playback & Settings>system>video output.
Thank you for your answer.

(2015-04-06, 20:54)PatK Wrote: What does windowed mode give? Check your gfx card settings for size.
3280x1800 both window and fullscreen

(2015-04-06, 21:03)k4sh1n Wrote: Reset to default for both: Settings>video>playback & Settings>system>video output.
Sorry. Didn't work. I had perfect fullscreen with XBMC, but in window mode the screen was black. Since I updated to Kodi, the problem reversed.
Is this for all video files, looks to be stereoscopic SBS file?
No, it isn't SBS Smile It really duplicates the image for every video.

(2015-04-07, 16:48)k4sh1n Wrote: Is this for all video files, looks to be stereoscopic SBS file?
Can you toggle use a full screen window.
Yes. Full screen window works, but it's not as smooth as real fullscreen
Can you toggle off adjust display rate to match video/sync playback to display
Is you GPU output @ 1080p 60Hz in windows/nvidia control panel?
(2015-04-08, 07:56)k4sh1n Wrote: Can you toggle off adjust display rate to match video/sync playback to display
Is you GPU output @ 1080p 60Hz in windows/nvidia control panel?

All settings are according to your suggestion.

I finally managed to get full screen by disabling DXVA2. Does this mean that hardware decoding is disabled, although the decoding method is Hardware?

The geforce vs. quadro argument....

AFAIK, Nvidia doesn't state whether the K2100M GPU recent drivers conform to WDDM (which requires VAAPI, VDPAU of which KODI requires for HW decoding) as such the API calls would be sent as DXVA 1 as opposed to using DXVA2 or (DXVA-HD not 100% sure on DXVA-HD).

In retrospect with a quick Google, your card does have VDPAU and I've had no issue with other systems playing nice with>quadro-cards>KODI>DXVA2 on.

If you press "O" you will see the decoder as; dc:ff-h264-dxva2, when DXVA2 is not enabled this line will read dc:ff-h264.

So probably not being hardware video accelerated.

Now after reading all that, have I confused you plenty? Yes!

Nvidia may have borked the last set of drivers, (it happens) what I'd suggest is to roll to an older version using a clean install via selecting "custom" installation and check the box that says "clean install".

Hope that fixes it for you, although with the beefy i7 CPU I don't see it requiring HW acceleration to decode files.
Thank you for your help. I'm afraid you're right. I also have no hardware decoding in MPC-HC. Good one NVIDIA!

I guess I'll wait for a fix. Thank again
I had that problem also with the image shown in a quarter of the screen and fixed by telling in nvidia control panel in 3d settings to let the application decide. Im with a 970 and i had played a bit in settings and got that problem
There's no substitute for experience
(2015-04-08, 19:38)bluechris Wrote: I had that problem also with the image shown in a quarter of the screen and fixed by telling in nvidia control panel in 3d settings to let the application decide. Im with a 970 and i had played a bit in settings and got that problem

You solved all my problems! I wasn't getting any acceleration in Lightroom either and your suggestion solved all my problems. Thanks a lot!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fullscreen problem0