Linux VDR + OE 5.08 channels.conf deleted on full disk
OS is installed on a small 2.5 internal HDD. Last night some scheduled recordings filled the / partition.
In the morning there was no TV menu in Kodi, and this in VDR log:
Code:
ERROR: Channel locked (recording)!
Strange thing is that my channels.conf had size 0.
Cleaned the disk, restored channels.conf from backup, and everything works again.
What can I do to avoid such problems in the future?
Is it a VDR or OE problem that channels got deleted?
Changing the wife who likes to record a lot is unfortunately out of the question Smile
I don't think cannels.conf was deleted. VDR updates channels.conf continuously. I assume that it failed writing because disk was full and as a result it got size of zero.
I won't place recordings on the same partition as OS and configurations files. Place them on a separate partition and those kind of problems can't happen.
Thx for your response, I'll do something like that.
But why does VDR has to keep that file open and update it continuously, isn't it a bit risky thing to do?
It could probably happen on the power loss or something like that. Is there any option to turn off updating, i have a fixed channel list and don't want VDR to mess it up.
Just noticed that if I set the read only permission to that file, on reboot VDR set it back to RW, nice.
Sorry if I'm bothering you, was using tvheadend (NFS shared folder for recordings) before, VDR and it's quirks are still new to me Smile
EDIT: found some info here:
http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/Be...ndbuch#DVB
For now i did set
Code:
UpdateChannels = 0
Quote:Sorry if I'm bothering you, was using tvheadend (NFS shared folder for recordings) before

you can have VDR use that folder too.

Even if your set of channels don't change, PIDs of the channels do and channels.conf is a snapshot of this information. Some channels add additional subtitle or audio streams depending on the program. This info is coded in PAT/PMT which is sent every couple of seconds. You can wait for this info by setting the parameter 'PmtTimeout' or have vnsi use the info in channels.conf by setting this parameter to 0 (default)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDR + OE 5.08 channels.conf deleted on full disk0