Raspberry pi Numeric keypad problem (solved)
I have version 14.1 38e4046.
While watching live TV or in the Live TV Channel list, you can start typing a channel number to select a new channel. This opens a numeric dialog where you can finish typing the channel number.
On a raspberry Pi if you use the numeric keypad, the first digit you type appears in the numeric dialog, but any further typing in the numeric keypad is ignored. If you use the numbers across the top of the keyboard everything works fine.
This is a problem because I have an "Ortek" infrared remote which emulates a keyboard and sends the number keys as if they were button presses in the numeric keypad. The Ortek is recognized as a keyboard and the buttons all work as keystrokes. If I press the number buttons on the Ortek keypad while at the bash prompt, the numbers appear on the screen as typed.
I have the same version of Kodi (38e4046) running on Ubuntu and there the numeric keyboard works fine for changing channels.
The keyboard.xml already has the numpad defined as <numpadzero>Number0</numpadzero> for 0 to 9. I tried explicitly setting those also in the section <NumericInput> </NumericInput>, but that had no effect.
Any suggestions on how to get this to work?
I have found the solution

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=223937

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry pi Numeric keypad problem (solved)0