• 1(current)
Mod Arctic Zephyr: Exploded (Game Over)
Coming back soon, watch this space Smile
thanks for your mods, I'll download.
Hi im85288,

good to see you applying your skills on another skin. Jurialmunkey did (and does) a really great job which made me already think about switching from your version of 1080XF to Arctic Zephyr. But to see your additions now finally gives me the reason I needed. :-)

Here are some comments/requests from my side:
1. I was using your repo first and it installed version 1.0.15 of your mod. But it seemed to lack some things (only dark theme, no clear-logos, some menus in english-language only etc.). So I manually updated version 1.0.15 to version 1.0.20 from github and now its working just fine. However, I now have three(!) versions of the skin to chose from under settings/addons/../skins, all named "Arctic Zyphyr": The version from jurialmunkey, your version 1.0.15 from the repo (telling me its not installed anymore since I overwrote the files with the 1.0.20 version) and the currently activated version 1.0.20. That is a little bit confusing.

2. In your post you mentioned the option to modify the EPG View to only display logos and show genre colors. You screenshot also shows the correpconding menu to activate those options. However, I do not seem to have those options when I open the respective dialog in the channel listing.

3. Jurialmunkey still is working on his Acric Zaphyr skin. Will you update your mod accordingly so it will keep up with the origial version?

4. Some requests:

- You already actived logos for the movie and tv-series sections. Could you also activated them for music artists like you did in 1080XF? I know there is a difference between the movies/tv-series logos and the music logos: While the first ones are only shown when integrated into the movie library (using artwork downloader) the latter are used right away from the artist folder without integration into the music database.

- In Xperience1080++ you had a nice picture widget (showing a randome picture slideshow from specified folder). I was trying to implement the same by using a "custom widget"-function but failed. When I point the path to my diashow-folder the widget is only showing small thumbnails of the pictures and only in straight order (always the same 10 pictures as thumbnails). Using the "slideshow"-option of the skin instead works just fine, but gives me the diashow on every entry in the main menu that does not have its own widget assigned. But I only want to have it for the "pictures"-entry in the menu. So could you implement kind of a diashow-widget or maybe tell me how to implemented it myself using the "custom widget"-function?

One again thank you for your modification (and of course jurialmunkey for this beautiful skin). Keep up the good work!

Brgds,

FantasticN
(2015-04-08, 12:09)fantasticn Wrote: 1. I was using your repo first and it installed version 1.0.15 of your mod. But it seemed to lack some things (only dark theme, no clear-logos, some menus in english-language only etc.). So I manually updated version 1.0.15 to version 1.0.20 from github and now its working just fine. However, I now have three(!) versions of the skin to chose from under settings/addons/../skins, all named "Arctic Zyphyr": The version from jurialmunkey, your version 1.0.15 from the repo (telling me its not installed anymore since I overwrote the files with the 1.0.20 version) and the currently activated version 1.0.20. That is a little bit confusing.

2. In your post you mentioned the option to modify the EPG View to only display logos and show genre colors. You screenshot also shows the correpconding menu to activate those options. However, I do not seem to have those options when I open the respective dialog in the channel listing.

You may have the wrong repo, the version out at the minute is 1.0.2..maybe you have the stable repo rather than the beta one I linked in the first post? There were a couple of versions there but now there is only one. It get's named with im85288 on the end to allow jurials version to be installed at the same time. That version also has the EPG View features I mentioned. Also for the view options make sure to do it in the EPG section.

(2015-04-08, 12:09)fantasticn Wrote: 3. Jurialmunkey still is working on his Acric Zaphyr skin. Will you update your mod accordingly so it will keep up with the origial version?

Yes, I will always try to incorporate the changes from the original version.

(2015-04-08, 12:09)fantasticn Wrote: 4. Some requests:

- You already actived logos for the movie and tv-series sections. Could you also activated them for music artists like you did in 1080XF? I know there is a difference between the movies/tv-series logos and the music logos: While the first ones are only shown when integrated into the movie library (using artwork downloader) the latter are used right away from the artist folder without integration into the music database.

- In Xperience1080++ you had a nice picture widget (showing a randome picture slideshow from specified folder). I was trying to implement the same by using a "custom widget"-function but failed. When I point the path to my diashow-folder the widget is only showing small thumbnails of the pictures and only in straight order (always the same 10 pictures as thumbnails). Using the "slideshow"-option of the skin instead works just fine, but gives me the diashow on every entry in the main menu that does not have its own widget assigned. But I only want to have it for the "pictures"-entry in the menu. So could you implement kind of a diashow-widget or maybe tell me how to implemented it myself using the "custom widget"-function?

Logos for music artists sounds good, i'll add that in the future and have a think about the picture widget. Maybe JurialMunkey knows how this can be done with the skin as it is now.
Been waiting patiently. Love all your mods and the extra's you add to great Skins...Like the Cherry on top in many cases. Downloading now....Hope you can do more themes. I have been hoping to see a glass theme or glass tile theme thats reminiscent of Eminence meets Artic Zephyr. One can dream..Thanks for the hard work and looking forward to your mod as it evolves....Nod
(2015-04-08, 18:19)im85288 Wrote: Logos for music artists sounds good, i'll add that in the future and have a think about the picture widget. Maybe JurialMunkey knows how this can be done with the skin as it is now.

Don't worry about the pictures widget. I meanwhile found a workaround. I simply use "multiple backgrounds" for the pictures entry in main menu and set the path to the diashow folder. That is not actually a widget but it does the trick. Pictures from the diashow folder a shown in the background as a slideshow.

Regards,

FantasticN
Looks good.
Might implement a couple of these ideas in the main skin. Dont know why I didnt think of putting the clearlogo at the top... solves the centering issue, definitely will add that. I might steal your colour picker code if you dont mind - quite like that idea also.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-04-09, 00:32)jurialmunkey Wrote: Looks good.
Might implement a couple of these ideas in the main skin. Dont know why I didnt think of putting the clearlogo at the top... solves the centering issue, definitely will add that. I might steal your colour picker code if you dont mind - quite like that idea also.

Cool!
Really like this skin!!

Would it be possible to add the option to have the home screen widgets appear only after pressing up even if the default widgets are used? Right now only "classic" widgets allow this and I would like to have the floating box for say "recent tv episodes" show up when I press up and disappear when I press down.

Thanks.
Hi, as per my other post in "Add Timer" see attached modified MyPVRGuide.xml to change the EPG to line up the ICON and NOW PLAYING WINDOW.

Also, I cannot get Genre colours to work, when I switch it on, all the programs have a grey background. The Genre is showing above the plot window though ? Using NextPVR.

Thanks, much prefer this EPG to the standard.
(2015-04-09, 00:32)jurialmunkey Wrote: Looks good.

Thanks, yes of course, please feel free to incorporate any of the ideas into the main skin that you feel adds value.
Great mod im85288! Hope you don't mind, I borrowed your color picker and added it to Mimic. Cheers! Smile

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1979419
Is it possible to hide the clock in the home screen and make it visible in other parts of the UI?
(2015-04-10, 19:52)braz Wrote: Great mod im85288! Hope you don't mind, I borrowed your color picker and added it to Mimic. Cheers! Smile

Cool! Glad to see it getting reused Smile

(2015-04-11, 16:38)hacky4real Wrote: Is it possible to hide the clock in the home screen and make it visible in other parts of the UI?

Yes that's easy but not sure it's worth another skin option..I'll have a think if it's handy.

For now you can edit Includes_Furniture.xml and replace line 660 from "<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(furniture.clock)</visible>" To <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(furniture.clock) + !Window.IsVisible(home)</visible>
(2015-04-11, 16:45)im85288 Wrote:
(2015-04-10, 19:52)braz Wrote: Great mod im85288! Hope you don't mind, I borrowed your color picker and added it to Mimic. Cheers! Smile

Cool! Glad to see it getting reused Smile

(2015-04-11, 16:38)hacky4real Wrote: Is it possible to hide the clock in the home screen and make it visible in other parts of the UI?

Yes that's easy but not sure it's worth another skin option..I'll have a think if it's handy.

For now you can edit Includes_Furniture.xml and replace line 660 from "<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(furniture.clock)</visible>" To <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(furniture.clock) + !Window.IsVisible(home)</visible>

Cheers
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Exploded (Game Over)8