v15 (nightly) EPG - Episode names????
Is it now finally possible to see episode names of TV shows in the various EPG windows (small, full info)?

I'm not aware of a backend that does NOT provide this info (unless it is really, really unobtainable).
TV Shows without episode names(or, sub-titles, as they are called in xmltv) are pretty much unworthy of such a huge SW claiming to be THE media center.

There was a PR about a year ago by angelinas providing some necessary changes, which seemed to have made it into the nightlies just before alpha 2, but I don't see anything changing. Is this a Skin issue now?
I'm also wondering about this. Are there changes to the pvr addons necessary or to the skins?
Try in Confluence. Also make sure your xmltv.xml has the data.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Nothing has changed in Confluence, but i've tried some labels for myself:
ListItem.Season, ListItem.Episode, ListItem.EpisodeName, ListItem.Cast, ListItem.Director, ListItem.Writer and ListItem.Year.
They all work if i put the data manually in the epg*.db.

Unfortunately although my xmltv has the right data, my both tv backends (Argus and MediaPortal) only store the season- and episodenumber and the name of the episode Undecided

But the kodi epg database is an other problem:
@margro With MediaPortal pvr addon iSeriesId and iEpisodeId is the same!
@Red-F With Argus pvr addon no numbers are imported at all!
(2015-04-07, 22:39)bry- Wrote: Try in Confluence. Also make sure your xmltv.xml has the data.

I tried confluence. I'm using dvblink backend, which IIRC does send a complete epg including episode names.
I'm not giving kodi any xmltv files, since, well, why should I, IIRC kodi doesn't/can't do PVR, the backend is supposed to do that and give kodi the info via it's own PVR-api

If someone else with a different backend can try? My impression was all (decent) backends have the info, send it, but until recently (iirc it was PR 6333) it was ignored. Now it's at least accepted, but no one is showing it. That's why I believe that this might be a skin issue now. The skin shows title, start/stop, duration (why? we have start/stop),description, genre and some other things. If I had to prioritize, I would show Title, sub-title (that's what it's called in xmltv, as opposed to subtitle), start/stop, short description, recording status(an icon), and then anything else in the detailed info
Did you have directly looked in your Kodi epg#.db and all info is there?
I gave up on alphas, since there seem to be no working pvr addons there yet. The on I thought was working obviosly didn't. Also my 'released' 14.2 build is mixing up epg infos for various channels, so...

I'll try again when/if pvr addons are available again.
All working my Mod version of SimpleIPTV,I write @afedchin about this....he didnt write answer...
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1960841

(2015-04-08, 14:06)pünktchen Wrote: Did you have directly looked in your Kodi epg#.db and all info is there?
I am Smile

XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
hmm....
I see that episode name is now episode number, which doesn't help, and 'orignal title' seems to be a episode name.
Why so complicated?
I'm pretty sure that 'original title', if needed at all, will be used to actually hold the original title (as in english vs german) by some plugin that thinks it should retrieve additional info from the net sometime.

Again, I don't have the time for this. I've been looking at xbmc since before Frodo, where the devs decided that pvr is a PITA/uncool/legacy, so outsourced it to 'a backend'.
after frodo,eden,helix now iseng.. and it turns out that kodi is still can't handle these rather basic things.

Isn't there a priority of info that needs to be presented before going after auxillary stuff such as the best boys shoe size ?
This is only my version changes for simpleIPTV......I am no English user,my epg is little diferen then yours
My tags from epg.xml are
GetNodeValue(pChannelNode, "sub-title", entry.strOriginalTitle);
GetNodeValue(pChannelNode, "episode-num", entry.strEpisodeName);
in epg.xml for tv show one epg is look like this
Code:
<programme start="20150410170000 +0200" stop="20150410173000 +0200" channel="DK Kanal 5">
    <title lang="da">Big Bang Theory</title>
    <title lang="en">Big Bang Theory</title>
    <sub-title lang="da">The big brain hypothesis</sub-title>
    <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">.1.</episode-num>

for movies ,which info I preffer (my subtitle is original name of movies-for non English user),I use Aeon MQ6 and skin show $INFO[ListItem.OriginalTitle] as Title, I use this revers order of name-number to let skin show original name of my movies as Title.
Code:
<programme channel="cinestaraction" start="20150410220100 +0200" stop="20150410235200 +0200">
    <title>Prevaranti</title>
    <icon src=".......................................62246170.jpg" />
    <category>Thriler</category>
    <sub-title>The Grifters</sub-title>
You can change as you like,most importhent thing that Kodi now write this info in his EPG.db and aou can see in every window
GetNodeValue(pChannelNode, "sub-title", entry.strEpisodeName);
GetNodeValue(pChannelNode, "episode-num", entry.strOriginalTitle);

Episode Number - $INFO[ListItem.OriginalTitle]
Episode Name- $INFO[ListItem.EpisodeName]

For you this will be OK Smile
even my 14.2 has episode names in the db
That's what I'm saying. the backend delivers everything, now it seems the gui simply needs to show it.
(2015-04-09, 00:54)yamcenutzer Wrote: even my 14.2 has episode names in the db
That's what I'm saying. the backend delivers everything, now it seems the gui simply needs to show it.

Frodo have too !!!
But GuiInfomanager doesent have this in code for ListItem.EpisodeName
Code:
case LISTITEM_EPISODENAME:
    {
      if (item->HasPVRChannelInfoTag())
      {
        CEpgInfoTagPtr tag(item->GetPVRChannelInfoTag()->GetEPGNow());
        if (tag)
          return tag->EpisodeName();
      }
      if (item->HasEPGInfoTag())
        return item->GetEPGInfoTag()->EpisodeName();
      break;
and can show in Kodi Episode Name.

Xhaggi create pull request and only nightbilds can show ListItem.EpisodeName...Skin is other problem,skin doesent have at all this new propertis becouse they are "Optional"...
Angelinas can you do a pull request to add info for confluence please ?
(2015-04-09, 15:04)Jönke Wrote: Angelinas can you do a pull request to add info for confluence please ?

I think the history of pull requests is:

angelinas: 4824 -->6265 --> 6333 --> 6738 xhaggi

Anything missing? (except skins)?
(2015-04-09, 15:04)Jönke Wrote: Angelinas can you do a pull request to add info for confluence please ?
I dont use skin confluence
But I can change for you "DialogPVRGuideInfo.xml" to show all new properties,I will put link here.

https://mega.co.nz/#!YlliGYrQ!EPX0U0FNw6...zwjYa-oP6Y

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(nightly) EPG - Episode names????0