v14 Crashing after left idle for a while
I'm not sure exactly what's going on when Kodi crashes, because it always happens when I'm away at work. As I leave in the morning, I put my HTPC to sleep using the Kodi Shutdown() method mapped to my remote; without fail it wakes up again, and by the time I return home to turn on my TV (acting as the monitor for Kodi) I see the message 'Kodi has crashed...close program'.

A little back story:
A while back I decided to try out Kodi 14 over XBMC 13 while running on a Windows 8.1 machine. The first couple of days, I experienced the issue above, so I reverted back to 13 which I hadn't had issues with.
Fast forward to this week, I did a fresh install of Windows 7 and subsequent fresh install of Kodi 14.2 hoping my previous issue would have been resolved. Alas, it appears it has not...

Here is my debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/pvxirvwzq
I also have a crash dump here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmr59au79k29rg...0.dmp?dl=0

Any help would be appreciated! Smile
1. Please remove super repo

2. POWERBROADCAST from your PVR client WMC looks to be keeping system awake (do you have any events set up)

3. How are you connecting between display for audio/picture with you Nvidia GPU (settings in KODI)
At stages it states its HDMI for both and then the audio is something else. (Is yours a viewsonic display monitor or a TV?)
1.) I removed super repo. Wasn't using it anyways, just got it for advanced launcher but decided to use RCB instead.

2.) Do you know if that's a setting on the client or server? I'm not seeing anything for that. I do have the server setup on a different computer.
2b.) I haven't personally created any events, but who knows what programs have created.

3.) I am using a Samsung TV hooked up via HDMI, and only HDMI. In the audio I do have passthrough enabled, it's set to use the same device (DIRECTSOUND: default), but maybe that's the other audio you are seeing?
A little unsure if this would be the client side if software is on server side (probably IMO), can you see if temporarily disabling the PVR resolves any of the problems you have been getting.

What I did see was a reversion through HDMI> direct sound and also spdif (what the?) , although it makes me curious is the setting WASAPI direct sound?

I suggest an EDID over ride to compensate for the KODI crash, but may not able to resolve the wake on sleep issue if unable to isolate the powerbroadcast event received.

Moninfo will provide .inf for over ride.
I did go ahead and disable the PVR addon this morning, and I noticed as I was walking out the door the PC woke up. When I returned home instead of the close program dialog it was just a black screen completely frozen and not responding, I was able to pull up task manager but overall had to force a restart.

It's not set to WASAPI, the setting is exactly as above. Should I change to specifically set HDMI instead of the default? The only other option is SPDIF which I don't have hooked up. (All 3 options are duplicated with prefixes of DIRECTSOUND and WASAPI, not really sure the difference)

I do recall having to do an EDID override before with the XBMC 13 setup for a different issue, I'll give that a go now and see what happens tonight.
I can go over to the WMC support forum to see if they can shine some light on the sleeping issue, I was more concerned about the crashing anyways.

Thanks for the help so far!
WASAPI performs no mixing or re-sampling better for pass through to a AMP/AVR.
Directsound mixes to PCM from KODI and windows..

Link: http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_audio
Good news! Kodi hasn't crashed since!

Thanks a bunch!
It seems I spoke too soon...It is still crashing :/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crashing after left idle for a while0